Auto to Manual

Aside from the parts needed to complete the swap I would expect to pay $500-800 in labor. I would expect to pay about $500-800 for all the parts to do the job.

Example

What stuff would I need? Would I need to change the center console too? Like I know I'd need a 5 Speed tranny, clutch and stuff. I'm not overly mechanical and stuff, so I don't know exactly. Would it be fair to call it a $1500 job?

I took a loan out for mine out of necessity, for a grand, did all the work myself. I would estimate it actually cost 700-900. $300 for all conversion parts, $200 for clutch. Other miscellaneous stuff also. Driveshaft balance, flywheel refinish, etc, etc.......

Cool

Thanks Tony. I guess it depends on where you go. Anywhere within 150 miles of Southwestern Ohio you guys recommend?

It would be pretty hard to find a shop willing to do such a job, if any would at all. Your basically making a car outside of its design parameters. The axles in the auto and manual are different, the manual has thicker ones. There are other differences that don't come to mind right now. Its a relatively easy thing to do, plug and play, except the clutch pedal, but that in itself isn't all that hard. Just takes patience, alot of it. I could help you along if you wanted, there are a couple others on the board that did a swap. I got most of my help from someone on tccoa that put an M5R2 on his 5.0 cougar.

Back