SCI Jackshaft pulley

Ryan A Harris

It looks as if in the near future, SCI can make about 20-25 jackshaft pulleis. They will be the same as SCI has made them before. I'm just throwing out a line to make sure I can move them. Price will beat any retailer selling a jackshaft pulley at this time. Please post if you are interested in this GB.

These will be a limited # run, 25 will be the max made. No idea of if or when SCI will make these agian. I'm leaving an option open for 5 custom JS.

Thanks for your time.

Ryan A Harris said:
These will be a limited # run, 25 will be the max made. No idea of if or when SCI will make these agian. I'm leaving an option open for 5 custom JS.

Custom JS's? That mean like a 5%/10% OD? Or custom colors?

-Andy "Melon"

5% can be done, so could a 10%. You could change either belt diameter. And I'm looking at the colour options that I can offer. The colours, is a difficult one. Bbecause its annodized, the price is for a "dip". Meaning what ever can fit into the dipping tank can be done at the same time. So, if you want red, but the others want blue, the price will be different for the red. The engraving could be altered, for a personnal touch. But that needs to be limited, not a lot of room for phrases. But almost anything you would want, can be done.

I'd totally be up for a 5% OD Jackshaft pulley. I'm looking to purchase one in the near future and I may take advantage of this opportunity. Color isn't a huge deal to me - same color/style as your previous run - silver/polished finish I believe.. I'd have to go look to double check.

-Andy "Melon"

Count me in I'll set aside up to $140. Perfect timing as I was planning on buying one in the coming winter months. Are these all going to be made one size? or the various 5%, 10% and stock sizes? I can't do a 10%.

Count me in Ryan. Keep me notified if you can, I only have internet for one week so I will need to know by then. If possible, I can send you the money 2 weeks from tomorrow if need be

LMK!

cyberstangz@hotmail.com

Interest Here

I'd be in for one no matter what and possibly two, depending on what the final options are. . .

Glad to see you thinking about making them again. I really loved the quality of the other two I got and I really think that this is a must-have mod for anyone with a Supercoupe. It is nice to see that Ryan is looking at doing stock, 5% and 10% versions. I would consider the 5% a minumum step-up for anyone even if you already have a 5% pulley.

This is one mod that I highly endorse. :)

5% jackshaft

Im in for a 5% just let me know when..... The shiny style is cool with me...

Scrap

count me in not sure on the size yet but i'll take one

Edit Count me in for the 5% send payment details when needed

Last edited:
Ryan knows this but I wanted to post it here too. You can't just make the JS pulley to any size as belt selection is limited in the 8 rib. Keeping the stock SC pulley and only changing the jack shaft pulley is a great way to OD the SC. If you replace the Jack Shaft pulley you need to know the correct belt size to keep the tensioner working properly.

Rich

PurpleHaze said:
I would go 5% :cool: let's dooo--it!, Already have a stock sci :D

If you do get the 5%, how about I just get your old one then? Or were you going to plan on keeping it

Could you explain the difference in results between changing the pulley on the sc or changing the jackshaft pulley? I take XR7Dave's comment to mean he thinks its a good idea to swap out both if performance is a priority. My question is what difference does swapping one make over swapping the other?
Rich Thomson said:
Ryan knows this but I wanted to post it here too. You can't just make the JS pulley to any size as belt selection is limited in the 8 rib. Keeping the stock SC pulley and only changing the jack shaft pulley is a great way to OD the SC. If you replace the Jack Shaft pulley you need to know the correct belt size to keep the tensioner working properly.

Rich

The issue is a lot of people have belt slippage problems when they use a 10% SC pulley. By using a 5% SC pulley and 5% Jack shaft pulley. You get the 10% overdrive without the problems of belt slippage. By replacing both the SC pulley and Jackshaft pulley, you are also reducing rotating mass.

I might be interested, how much?

Back