Lightnings bright but thunder Roars! Hehe

boostedbird

Okay today was my funnest race to date I was at the stop light in Ogden and I was waiting for the light when a 2000 or so ford lightning pulled up next to me. Now I know the truck I've seen the truck and yes I love the truck, but I have to take it on!!!

I was contemplating the race when I look over and its my buddy who works for a used car lot and he was taking it to get it cleaned. Now just some insight to this guy he has a 300ZX turbo, an old 68 camero with a 396 BB, and a souped up honda. So when he sees its me and he knows my car it was ON!!!!! Hahaha

Hes power braking it and i hold the brake and bring up the RPMs and as the light went green it was one of the worst off the lines I have ever done, my tires went up in smoke but as luck would have it haha so did his! We both caught traction bout the same time and I took him by about 1/2 carlength into 2nd and then just kept pulling on him throughout the run my sweet charged bird singing to redeem itself after being taken by the stang. I shut down at 80MPH when I noticed him not catching up and slowing down himself. He gave me the thumbs up and turned off to clean up the truck and return it. I waved laughing to myself wondering how he was going to explain the lose of 1/2 the rear wheel tread. But thought it was cool that lightning doesn't always strike twice!!! It was over shadowed by the ROAR of my thunder!!! :D

Lighting are pretty fast, they either can with a 351 supercharger or a 5.4L supercharger. And i am assuming you have an sc with a 3.8L supercharged, so even if it wasn't stuck you would of had to have alot done, so i dont believe this for some odd reason.

Well yes they are pretty fast and guess what so am I if you look at the bottom then you'll see I do have alot of mods and I do have a 3.8 supercharged thats dynoed over 330 rear wheel HP. So believe what you want I'm not going to argue with someone that wasn't even there. If you have a lightning please by all means bring it by I'd love to race win lose its all good! But you just might be surprised!

schwalbe said:
Lighting are pretty fast, they either can with a 351 supercharger or a 5.4L supercharger. And i am assuming you have an sc with a 3.8L supercharged, so even if it wasn't stuck you would of had to have alot done, so i dont believe this for some odd reason.
Well, your unbelief is not warranted. Stock Lightnings in my city run about 14.5 and with my new mods I will be in the mid 14's. Lightnings can be very quick and produce great HP but I don't doubt that a modded SC could run or out run a stock Lightning.

Lightnings are cool trucks. My friend had a 2000 with a K&N and flowmaster exhaust. It dyno'd 360HP and 425 ft/lbs, and ran high 8's (always between 8.8-9.2)in the eighth spinnin. I couldn't believe how easily they blew the tires off even from a rolling start when I drove it. I have been driving "stupid" with my birds for about 7 years, but that truck went from flat out acceleration to going sideways around 45 MPH. I was almost scared. :cool:
nice kill.

yea lightnings are awesome trucks

i live by a 1/4 track..

there was a lightning there running 11.9's all damn night..

he was spraying tho

but still awesome for a truck of that size!!

The 2001-04 will run a 13.5 all day long stock. My buddy has one and im buying one when I come back from over seas. My money will go half into my t-bird and half into my lightning. I can't wait

19dCavScout said:
The 2001-04 will run a 13.5 all day long stock. My buddy has one and im buying one when I come back from over seas. My money will go half into my t-bird and half into my lightning. I can't wait

just dont be dissapointed when you dont run that your first few times out there. your gonna need a real good driver and very good traction to get that

Around here stock 99-04 lightnings struggle for mid 14s, though that is more to do with the track than anything else (my bro's then bolt-on only R/T ran mid 14s also). Anyways, there was never a 351 supercharged lightning, the 93-95s had a NA 351 with 240 HP/340 torque, they ran like high 15s stock, so they would be a good run for a stock SC.

Anyways, there was never a 351 supercharged lightning, the 93-95s had a NA 351 with 240 HP/340 torque, they ran like high 15s stock, so they would be a good run for a stock SC.

Best friend has a 93 black Lightning with a CAI and 110k miles. I took it easily and I really whip him with my exhaust, CAI, and 5% underdrive. Dont worry about the 93-95's, just smile and keep grabbin gears. :)

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
I seen a few stock without bolton lightnings running in the mid 13's at Etown ans ATCo

My 99 went 13.89 stock in Baton Rouge in the summer. With minor mods(4lb lower, valve body, chip, CAI) it runs mid 12's.

I had an 01 Lightning, stock with 200 miles on the clock it ran a 13.9 on street tires. When I was done she ran 12.50's all day long with ET streets , with spray 11.70's all the time. Had alot of friends with Lightnings too, 13.9-14.2 stock all day long, VERY easy to mod, VERY easy to make 13.0-12.99's! I miss that truck.

Back