ABS pump repair with new brushes???

GLADDEN

Hello,,,, I am looking for an ABS brake unite with the pump or just the pump. They tell me it is just the pump that is bad and can replace the brushes in the pump motor.. Does any one know just where I can get the brushes or perhaps just the pump.

A auto electric place should be able to rebuild it or at least sell you some brushes.
Also might just buy a used pump motor either in the "parts for sale" section, or get a reman complete ABS System from www.Priorreman.com . Think members get a discount. ;)
edit...Did something cause it to burn up like a leaking Pressure Switch or bad Accumulator? If you don't fix that, you'll be looking for another pump soon. A local junkyard may have one either from a SC or I got mine from a Lincoln Towncar (It was a Taxi). Also there is a good article to MAKE SURE it is the pump and not a bad $15 relay here: http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/Tips/ABS.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

BobGPz said:
A auto electric place should be able to rebuild it or at least sell you some brushes.
Also might just buy a used pump motor either in the "parts for sale" section, or get a reman complete ABS System from www.Priorreman.com . Thanks members get a discount. ;)
edit...Did something cause it to burn up like a leaking Pressure Switch or bad Accumulator? If you don't fix that, you'll be looking for another pump soon. A local junkyard may have one either from a SC or I got mine from a Lincoln Towncar (It was a Taxi). Also there is a good article to MAKE SURE it is the pump and not a bad $15 relay here: http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/Tips/ABS.htm

12 volts across the motor and it does not run. Taping does not work,,. But; it has been working on and off. The ABS unit is off of the car. Ordered the ABS unit and they sent me the ABS COMPUTER that goes in the trunk,,,, ha ha. The relay is good and I repalced the accumulator not long a ago. I will look into the persure switch,,, how would one test that?? Thanks again for the info,,,,, please visit my web site: < www.gladdenpictures.com > I will let you know what happens,,,.. I want to sell it soon as I get this part fixed. Great Great car to drive,,,WOW. Only everthing cost,, cost to repair.

GLADDEN said:
12 volts across the motor and it does not run. Taping does not work,,. But; it has been working on and off. ......
......I will look into the persure switch,,, how would one test that?? ....
.... Only everthing cost,, cost to repair.
Sounds like the brushes could be the problem then...

GM has our pressure switch for cheaper (About $75) that the Discontinued Ford Part. It can be tested - the electrical part of it - use that link to the 35th Anny ABS System page (about half way down the page) but if it starts pouring out the brake fluid, you'll need to replace it and now is the best time to do it..

All cars cost a lot, but we all here know where to get the parts and some for cheaper.. :D

BTW, Nice photographs! My brother just started getting into this and have seen some really nice shots he's done. You should try and take some of your SC. I thought I read a post about someone making a SC Calender and that would be great to see a professional shot or two of a SC...

hey... did u ever replace the brushes on ur ABS MOTOR?? i think i need to do the same on mine... were did u find them? How much does the reman ones cost on PRIOR REMAN?

Back