After Market relay?

Aminor_Accident

well i went to autoZone today for a simple ABS relay guy laughs says we dont carry anything for that car in the ABS dept bet hes got one for a RICER HONDA lol ANYWAYS is there a place we can get these relays pretty cheap without combing the countryside?

Were you able to locate the part number? Call them again and ask for this: GP Sorenson MR120. :cool: If no joy, call Napa and ask them. These things are fairly cheap as in less than $20.

i did what you said tbird i took a screwdriver and tapped on the relay by the passenger side and low and behold it started working so i pump the brakes a few times it quits i repeat step 1 again what i thought was the pressure switch turns out its the relay so ill be replacing it and thanks for the tips and info :)

Can You Show A Pic Of Relay

Aminor_Accident said:
i did what you said tbird i took a screwdriver and tapped on the relay by the passenger side and low and behold it started working so i pump the brakes a few times it quits i repeat step 1 again what i thought was the pressure switch turns out its the relay so ill be replacing it and thanks for the tips and info :)
NEED PIC OF LOCATION OF RELAY

ThunderRoad said:
NEED PIC OF LOCATION OF RELAY

I don't have a picture, but if you have an '89 - '92, the ABS Pump relay is up by the firewall on the passenger side (real close to where the EEC test port is located). There are about three relays over there but the ABS Pump is a dark brown color (that's why they call it the brown pump relay). There is another ABS relay that controls the signals from the computer to the dash warning displays. I think the relays are located up by the left front (headlight) area on the later SC's.

replaced relay and whooopie it works i have brakes again i got the relay from car quest cross-reference the part number its like 21 bucks now for some other projects i need to tackle :)

I've read that there are supposed to be 3 relays on the passenger side firewall but my 89 and 90 only have 2 - no ac wot relay. These are obscured by a metal bracket that bends down. This bracket has 3 hooks where the 3 relays would plug into.

I got my replacement relays from Ford for about $20 Canadian. They still have the brown one but the silver one has been substituted for a black one.

Aminor_Accident said:
replaced relay and whooopie it works i have brakes again i got the relay from car quest cross-reference the part number its like 21 bucks now for some other projects i need to tackle :)
Good. Also means you don't have to rebleed the lines again. :cool:

Steve Richards said:
I've read that there are supposed to be 3 relays on the passenger side firewall but my 89 and 90 only have 2 - no ac wot relay. .
The A/C cutout (actually, its a compressor engagement relay.. cutout is just from the fact that the EEC is part of the circuit) relay was moved into the IRCM box in front of the air cleaner. :cool:

Need Pic,s

Steve Richards said:
I've read that there are supposed to be 3 relays on the passenger side firewall but my 89 and 90 only have 2 - no ac wot relay. These are obscured by a metal bracket that bends down. This bracket has 3 hooks where the 3 relays would plug into.

I got my replacement relays from Ford for about $20 Canadian. They still have the brown one but the silver one has been substituted for a black one.
CAN ANYONE SHOW ME PIC,S FOR 90 SC RELAYS

Back