Should i get an MP II??

Treys92

Hi guys, i have a 94 SC.
Mods are: Raised top, ported IC tubes, Early style MAF electronics, SCP downtubes, High flow cats, Magnaflow resonator, flowmaster catback, solid motor and trans mounts, 190 lph fuel pump, removed air silencer, Ford Racing 9mm wires, denso iridium spakr plugs, j-modded trans with deep sump pan, 3" intake (removed silencer), and the blower is ported (similar to S-Port) with ported outlets.

My question to you is, should i get an MPII or stay with this homeported blower?? I know i need to get prob. a 75 mm MAF, and 75 mm Throttlebody (maybe bigger on both??). Not exactly sure where to go from here.

Looking for some guidance, could the experts please help here???

Thanks,
Trey

i recommend, injectors, maf, tb, probalby best to go big the first time instead of working your way up, liek the 85mm with inlet plenjum, and then after that get the blower. thats what i would do so theres my .02 but i am no expert good luck

i would do, the maf, tb, 42 lb injectors, Magnum Powers inlet plenum and think about a dyno tune to get it runnin good

Treys92 said:
Hi guys, i have a 94 SC.
Mods are: Raised top, ported IC tubes, Early style MAF electronics, SCP downtubes, High flow cats, Magnaflow resonator, flowmaster catback, solid motor and trans mounts, 190 lph fuel pump, removed air silencer, Ford Racing 9mm wires, denso iridium spakr plugs, j-modded trans with deep sump pan, 3" intake (removed silencer), and the blower is ported (similar to S-Port) with ported outlets.

My question to you is, should i get an MPII or stay with this homeported blower?? I know i need to get prob. a 75 mm MAF, and 75 mm Throttlebody (maybe bigger on both??). Not exactly sure where to go from here.

Looking for some guidance, could the experts please help here???

Thanks,
Trey

I am in the process of upgrading my intake system so I have done much inquiring about the best direction to go. The blower need as much unrestrictive flow of air as possible to the inlet to perform its best. A 75MM TB and like sized MFA with the Magnum Powers plenum will make your home ported M90 do what it is intended to do, move a lot of air. Your 36lb injectors are adquate for your mods now. A computer chip from Dave Dalke would make it all work. I dont beleive you need anything bigger than a 75MM TB as they are suppose to flow enough air to support anything our 3.8L engines can put out, unless you are a Coy Miller

I also want to go with the whole MP setup. what size MAF would be the best without overkill? Sorry, not trying to highjack your thread.

One thing to consider is how fast you want to go and maybe future mods. If your planning to do an AR or a turbo down the road, then why waste the money on an upgraded blower. I'm not saying not to get an MPII if you really want it, but to save some money along the way - consider about where your going in the future.

-Andy "Melon"

the magnaport 2 obviously works awesome just look at all the fastest times and stuff. Mine was worth its weight in gold to me, but i'm crazy and such.
:D
i'm runnin 13's w/ stock heads and cam and all the other boltons except fmic(got one since i last ran) w/ mag 2,85tb, 87maf etc... but for the money if your blower has a lot of miles on it you can get it rebuilt and ported at the same time and save $$$. Plus most non sc'ers out there cant tell a mag 2 from a stock one by looks alone(assuming you don't get it polished). The first time you get into the throttle w/mag 2 you will understand what i mean.

Mark

Thanks for all the replies guys. Sorry its been so long since i checked the thread, but i've been busy with finals. It seems the majority says injectors, MAF, TB, and a tune. And Melon, i see you around the TCCOA boards a lot, and i love your ultimate sleeper LX/SC. I'd like to run mid-low 13's with this car, it is fairly quick the way it is, but i've never had it to the track, i'm guessing it runs high 14's (any other estimates are welcome). The mods will have to wait for summer unfortunately :( (damn college). But i want to get all of the advice now, so i know exactly what to do come summertime. More suggestions please...i'd be lost without you guys.

-Trey

Trey, good to see my dads car went to a good home, and i'd probably peg that car for a mid 14 simply because i took mine to the track and ran a 14.5 and when i raced my dad in that car we were dead even. Hope that somewhat helps. Not to mention it sounds like you've done a few things on top of what he did.

My question to you is, should i get an MPII or stay with this homeported blower?

Yes....get the MPII and the MP inlet plenum and you will get alot bigger power gains than the other stuff you listed.

David

I would go for the MP inlet however A home ported blower would do fine..Stick with it and save some money..That is if you know how to port it.

Regardless a94-95 blower is better then the earlier model

What did Coy Miller say he ran with that stock S type blower(94-95 style with a slight port job)?

10.8X?

SO ya know..Save yourself $1000

Last edited:
rigth now i woulndt gat any of them theres so much going on from turbos AR m112's etc that i would wait at least 6 months until the new stuff hits the market , M90 prices are gonna be lower new stuff will make more power etc etc etc.

Back