Ignition miss-misfires under load

tganley

I just logged on to post my breakthrough. I've been chasing an ignition miss for several years. It could best be described as 'misfires under load'. Typical ignition problem....textbook plugs or wires. I've gotten some excellent info from this site...nothing fixed it. Also changed out numerous 'good' parts. New plugs would do the trick for several weeks. As stupid as it sounds.....dielectric silicone around plug and coil boots cured it. 180k on the odometer, and it's running like new.
It's so simple, yet I'd never seen it mentioned. For what it's worth.

You probably haven't seen it mentioned, because it's kinda like putting the plug in the pan before adding oil after an oil change.

Jeff

Misfires response

Jeff,
Thank you for your clever response. I, and I'm sure, the rest of the club members, really appreciate your enlightenment. People such as yourself, do a great favor to those of us not as educated in such matters. Keep up the good work!

I didn't mean to come off as crass, but it comes with every set of wires I've bought, and that's reason it is there. If you were having problems and it was never mentioned, it's because no one would think to ask such a thing, I guess it's kinda second nature, like putting antiseize on the spark plug threads on aluminum heads. You did do that didn't you?

Jeff

Back