PDA

View Full Version : zex users?

tim
12-03-2004, 02:27 PM
I am seriously thinking about installing a small zex kit on my car. I would like to know how much of an improvement in et the guys that have gone to a dry shot have seen. 12 seconds are only a moment away. TIM

NASTY V6
12-03-2004, 02:43 PM
I am seriously thinking about installing a small zex kit on my car. I would like to know how much of an improvement in et the guys that have gone to a dry shot have seen. 12 seconds are only a moment away. TIM

Tim,

Are you sure you want to try the nitrous? If you do go with the spray let me know when you go to the track. I will make sure that I am there to see you get a 12.

Scott

Slysc
12-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Remember last time. :D

super red91
12-03-2004, 05:43 PM
I have the Zex kit on my car and its a great kit, easy to install and havent had a problem with it yet. Im still messing with it to get it working correctly, but it dropped my time from a 13.8 to a 13.3 with a 55shot. This is on my car with stock heads and stock cam. Also my a/f was really fat (went to 10:1 at 2k then dropped off the chart) and when I launched with the nitrous the best 60ft I could get was a 1.9 becuase my posi is shot :rolleyes: . I was told to put the 55fuel jet and 65 nitrous shot to make it run more lean since the zex unit was increasing the fuel pressure so much, your supposed to do this with forced induction cars but I didnt know. Also with the nitrous, bolt-ons, and rich a/f it made 271rwhp and 404rwtq , without the nitrous it makes 260rwhp and 350rwtq. So hopefully with the larger nitrous jet it leaned it out enough to make more power but I havent had a chance to take it to the track. I think I maybe be able to sneek out something very close to a 12 with a 1.7 60. But im sure I will be even deeper in the 12's when I do heads and cam this winter :)

tim
12-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Dan how could I forget. :D

pro street rich
12-04-2004, 11:44 AM
I am seriously thinking about installing a small zex kit on my car. I would like to know how much of an improvement in et the guys that have gone to a dry shot have seen. 12 seconds are only a moment away. TIM :eek:
Some old guy said " I used "nos", blew that thing up.and will never do that again." Then he went on to say that those people who do use it must " be crazy". :confused:
Tim do you remember who that guy was??? :confused: and who's garage I was standing in? :confused: or who's car it was that went BOOM??? or who's car it was that was still apart??? :eek:
Maybe it is time to rethink this way of going faster?? :confused: What do you think??........Rich :D P.S. got to razz you..LOL

tim
12-04-2004, 12:53 PM
WELL, i didnt forget. But the engine I have now is pretty darn strong with all the parts I have in it. I want to use zex kit because it has all the saftey stuff built into it. I figure a 75 shot with the other mods i want to do will get me into the low 12 second range. Then I will quit till the next year and then I want to go 11 and that will be fast enough unless of course i can figure out how to turn 10. :eek:

fastsc92
12-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Its a nice kit. I have been running 12.7's consistantly using a 75shot. At the end of the season this year my exhaust was killing me ( 2.125-2.5-2.25) :eek: All on a stock IC. Anyways i'm convinced that i can get a 12.1 with my new exhaust set-up and front mount which are both currently underway.
Like i said, its a nice kit, easy to use. I have a wideband 02 with datalogging and the jets provided are not always right. Their fuel jets are designed for N/A cars. You'll have to go richer with all the fuel jets (smaller number is richer). For example...for the 75 shot they say to use #32 fuel. I had to run #26 to get an A/F of 11.8. Anyways...just something to look into. I've been using the zex kit for about 2 years now. As long as its tuned correctly with a wideband and the timing and plug combination is correct..you'll have no problems and its very safe. So don't listen to people saying nitrous will kill your engine. The truth is an improperly tuned system will kill your engine. Anyways good luck on your choice...but I would say it could sit you in a mid-low 12 sec pass. Oh and some pics of where i mounted mine.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/433758_36_full.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/433758_40_full.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/433758_42_full.jpg

tim
12-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the info. My car is at 13.547 now. I want to go with more converter and a set of aluminum underdrive pulleys. That should get me pretty close to a 13 flat. I figure with a nitrous setup I should get low 12. I have a two stage chip in the car now and will have Dave Dalke set it with and without the nitrous. What did yor car turn before you put the kit on it?

fastsc92
12-04-2004, 02:27 PM
hard to say really because the car was undergoing lots of changes. I really started getting into things with my heads and cam, then the blower came on, then all the fine tuning made the most difference, then i started spraying 75. So i really cant give you a before and after, but it def. made a huge difference.

tim
12-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks I was just trying to figure out what to expect time wise. I was hoping for at least a 1/2 a second.

fastsc92
12-04-2004, 07:34 PM
i think you'll get a half second no problem.

tim
12-04-2004, 08:14 PM
That would be great. There were a few cars at the track this year that beat me and gave me that well what did you expect I have a Cobra stuff. I want to be able to blow a new supercharger cobra off the track along with one wise guy and his chevele. :D :D