how much time?

specops_SC

can anyone give me an estimate on how much time i would drop off my 14.9 if i upgraded the drivetrain with a mark VIII converter, shift-kit, and 3.55 gears? i dont want to go to 3.73's because i drive this car from tenesse to new jersey every few months and i dont want to run that too much gear for mileage reasons, but i want to be a bit faster than 3.27's dyno numbers are in my sig if you need those and my goal for this car is just very low 14's on street tires. i want it to be my everyday import killer and grocery getter. of course, if i find an import with some serious stuff, i'll break out the 5spd. :D :D thanks..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you sure you can use a Mark VIII Convertor? The M8's have 4R70W's and your SC has an AOD and, atleast in my head, those won't work together? Believe me, I could be wrong. I run fairly consistent mid 14's with a shift kit, Lentech torque convertor, larger MAF and TB, Intake, 5% OD pulley on a 94/95 blower, aluminum jackshaft pulley, and exhaust.. and I've still got the stock 3.27 gears, although I'm upgrading 3.73 over the winter.

-Andy "Melon"

crud.. you're totally right. the converter would only work for a 4r70w. i dont know that they would work on an aod. wonder why. different input shaft design maybe? and are there any inexpensive alternatives for a slightly higher stall converter for my aod? 2100 is the most stall i want for this car and since thats about where a mark 8 stalls, i thought about grabbing one up.. i really dont have the money for a lentech or art carr converter and i dont know about sending mine out to get the stall speed adjusted. other than, your mods are pretty close to mine. with 3.73's, looks like you just might get into the 13's. or pretty darn close. thanks for the input.

Not sure what your spending limit is, but the Lentech Non-locking Convertor is $345 (just looked on Lentech's website) which isn't all that bad, but might help in saving downtime of sending yours out to get it re-done.

And I'm hoping to crack into the 13's with 3.73's. If not, I'll have a few other parts to help me over the hump :D

-Andy "Melon"

i drive this car from tenesse to new jersey every few months

Let us know when your out this way (NJ), we have a decent NJ club and have meets about once a month. Check out our website, and if your out this way and want to hang, let us know! :)

www.njtacc.com

hey melon,

my speding limit is set on how hungry im willing to go till my next paycheck :eek: :D i hadnt even bothered to check lentech cuz i figured their converters would be at least 500. if they have a locking version, i'll go for that. go for a lightweight flyweel while im at it. thanks for the info.

joe,

next time i'll be down there is going to be around the end of march. i live in newark and i hate taking my car down there. last time i went up there i ended up chasing away someone i caught trying to break into it. :mad: what time of the month do you guys usually have your meets? i'd love to try to make it to one.

Back