shocks struts where can i find em

rooster

and what kind should i put in my 90 sc tuff to locate part any ideas oem vs after market i have the firm ride and regular ride option on my car thank you

Struts replace very expensive electronic struts.

rooster said:
and what kind should i put in my 90 sc tuff to locate part any ideas oem vs after market i have the firm ride and regular ride option on my car thank you

We found them at the Lincoln-Mercury Dealer. About 150 each I remember.

If you want to retain the ARC (switchable suspension) you basically have two options for new shocks, the Tokico Illumina II's or the Original shocks.

Since I have heard the Illumina II's wear out very fast I went with the Originals. I ordered mine from this website. They cost about half what the do through a dealer.

response is appreciated!!

thank you for the info i think the stock ones are a good call but can you do regular shocks for less money and still get decent ride any idea on that?

rooster said:
thank you for the info i think the stock ones are a good call but can you do regular shocks for less money and still get decent ride any idea on that?

Decent ride and original ride quality are two different things. I hear that Hyundai's have a "decent" ride. ;) If you want to preserve the original essence of your SC than use at least an OE replacement. If you don't care about that then regular Tbird shocks will work.

ride answer

i took all the info you all gave me and called and ordered for 126 each {one dealer had them for 195 each}the 18124 to oem standars thanx everyone

Back