Idle Speed Air Control Motor?

markadeck

What is it? What are the symptoms it needs replacing? It took these guys 15 months to fix my AOD and when I got it back it shifts, but not what I wanted. The thing must have sat too long cuz there is super loud noise radiating from the air silencer box. When in park or neutral the idle will go to 2500 and howl like a bass banshee. Did sitting too long cause this? Help please....I know I will get lot's of it, so thanx in advance........1990 SC.....

Mark

Iac

You described a textbook case of a bad IAC. It is mounted to the side of the throttlebody. When they fail you idle will be high and it will sound as if a goose is dying somewhere in the intake tract. Two screws and a plug (boy, that sounds dirty) are all that it takes to change. Do yourself a favor and get one from Ford. If your local stealership wants more than $70 check some online sources but stay with a Ford part. It is an easy fix!

Anthony

Thank you very much, I put the cart before the horse and did not do a proper search. There is a long thread dealing with this exact same thing. I found the man in Charlotte to get me the Motorcraft part, just by doing what I should have done in the first place....SEARCHED....

Let me tell y'all, Dan Newman in Charlotte, NC is the man to know if you are in the area. Very friendly, very helpful, and I have no more dying gooses in my intake system for the first time in years. You have to realize I only drive this car a couple of times a year, but so many little things need to be fixed just from old age and not being used at all. The old saying "use it or lose it" sure does apply to various things in a SC.

Dan???

If that is the same Dan Newman who use to work in Scottsdale, AZ he is a stand up guy. He knows these cars and is always willing to help. Is he working for a dealership there? If so, please send me the name!

Thanks,
Anthony

Don't know if it is the same man, did your Dan look like a former basketball player? The dealership is Town and Country Ford in Charlotte. Can there be 2 standup Dan Newman's in the country?

Back