what are the stall converters at on 91' aod?

91CaliTBIRD

My 91' SC aod is getting a rebuild with a 2200 stall. What is the stock stall on the SC and what more will this 2200 do?
Thanks

I dont remember what the stock stall is. I have a 2200 stall converter in my car. Its better than stock It will be fine if you do highway driving. I am going to a 26-2700 stall converter. But I race. It really depends on what you are going to use the car for.

The most important thing it will do is let you launch the car 400 rpms. higher. This will make the car pull off the line a lot faster. Now you need drag radials cause with a street tire you are going to look John Force comming out of the hole. With street tires on my car and the 2200 stall converter it would just light right up. What gear are you running?

i have the stock gears which are what?....3.27? anyways im still sure what the 2200 will do that the 1800 wont. what will it do at 2200 rpm's now that it did at 1800 rpm's before?

The higher the rpms are at launch the more you will be in your power curve. Its hard to tell exactly where unless The car has been dynoed. At any rate the car will take off a lot faster than it did before. It may be a good idea to get a transmission cooler at this point. If you go with 3.73 gears with this converter its going to drive like you lost 500 lbs of weight. 2200 stall is a good all around converter. Is it a locking or non locking converter? What brand did you get?

Its a locking converter which is apparently what these SC's have. And the brand is "Pacific" which is probably generic but the trans. guy tells me its good.

Back