11.665 at dragwat 42

Kevin Leitem

11.665 at dragway 42

Today started off pretty good, ran an 11.665 at only 111.67 with a good 1/8 mph of 95.32 and et of 7.405. I was worried about the loss in 1/4 mile mph, Well on the next run the head gasket blew out. must of explained the loss. I didn't get a chance to surpass dave neibert. But happy with the run. now i have an excuse to tear it down and try to find some more power

Last edited:
Congrat Kevin

"11.665et nice run"

(Non Nitrous run) thats amazing!
I am getting bug to bring the Silver Bullet back out next season.kevin do you have copper head gaskets? my block is o-ringed and recever groove in the heads with copper head gaskets.if you need it done to yours Bob Johnson Performance has a special tooling to do it. never had problems with mine its the way all blown cars are done.

That Number 3 spot is yours soon :)
P.S getting new custom signuture picture soon "Hats off to you" very well done hope to see more Non-Nitrous car in the 11's soon

Kevin how much does your car weigh? have you used the track scales?

Last edited:
I didn't get a chance to surpass dave neibert.

Great Job Kevin, that is very quick and super impressive that your doing it without nitrous.

I'm sure you will be passing me up very soon and I won't mind giving up my spot to a class act like you. BTW, What kind of head gaskets are you using ?

David

What kind of head gaskets are you using ?

I am using the regular felpro gaskets with an o-ringed block. this is the first of any misfortune for the car. I think I leaned it out real bad heated the heads up and detonated. I felt a little stutter right before it went. I think the injectors are maxed. but i might try the mls gaskets this time. but i have been happy with the ones i am running. I believe it was py fault why they went. i probably will stick with what was working so far. Jim, i haven't gotten an exact weight for almost a year. but should be around 3500. 3640 was what it weighed last year.

Last edited:
Kevin

"Kevin checked Calculator"

(T/M race cars)

Your car weighs 3640lb covers the 1/4 in 11.665 seconds.
Your putting out 453.25hp at the rear wheels
And 589.22hp at the flywheel

(Calculator not right David N. checked Dyno is the only right way)
Need to put mine on the Dyno next season

Last edited:
I just want to say thanks to everyone for being so nice. I was worried that i might not go over so great since i hung low for a while before comming public with my car. Once again thanks alot, Kevin

The thing that is so cool about this is Kevin is just getting started. He has a lot more left in that car. 11.66 @ 111mph? Considering that the car has run 114+mph, 11.50's are a tune away. :D

unclenick said:
Very nice run indeed :) Congrats!

Are you using stock axles in rear or are they beefed up?

suprisingly they are advance auto stock replacements, I am completely amazed that they are holding up. There is over 200 passes on these axles. I am even using a transbrake now. but with a 3500 stall on the converter it softens the initial hit off the line.

Kevin Leitem said:
suprisingly they are advance auto stock replacements, I am completely amazed that they are holding up. There is over 200 passes on these axles. I am even using a transbrake now. but with a 3500 stall on the converter it softens the initial hit off the line.
Don't know about your set up, but isn't that passed the torque peak a little. That was what the concensus was around here but it must be working if you are trapping 117 and running deep 11's.

al35thsc said:
Don't know about your set up, but isn't that passed the torque peak a little. That was what the concensus was around here but it must be working if you are trapping 117 and running deep 11's.

yes, 3500 is a little past peak, but it offers a lot more off the line. I actually had a 4200 in it last year, (only by mistake, i wanted 3000 but art carr messed up!) I sent it back twice trying to get 3000 but i gave up at 3500. But i seem satisfied with it. plus since it does hit softer i think it aids in preventing parts from breaking and also helps traction. I am only running a 27x10.5 mickey T et street.

Last edited:
Back