Question about larger IC fan

Jeremy_K

Armchair scientists aside, :D I got a small electric fan for $10 from a junkyard. It sticks out about 3/4" on each side of the IC. Will this overhang affect the CFMs going through the intercooler? My thought is it's a bonus cause it draws cool air around the sides of the IC also. I no longer have the rubber accordian anymore. It's a nice, low profile fan and it was cheap so I don't have much to lose.

hey jeremy,

get chris to make you up something so you can cover up the overhanging sections. u want the air flowing over the fins in the ic cause thats whats gonna give you the most cooling. but for 10 bucks you cant go wrong man. i paid a lot more than that for mine. lol. btw, i finally got the cup holder installed today. lol. the only thing is that i couldnt get it on there straight.. its tilted up a little bit. im guessing its hitting a wire harness back there. did you have the same problem or know how i can fix it? thanks.

specops_SC said:
hey jeremy,

get chris to make you up something so you can cover up the overhanging sections. u want the air flowing over the fins in the ic cause thats whats gonna give you the most cooling. but for 10 bucks you cant go wrong man. i paid a lot more than that for mine. lol. btw, i finally got the cup holder installed today. lol. the only thing is that i couldnt get it on there straight.. its tilted up a little bit. im guessing its hitting a wire harness back there. did you have the same problem or know how i can fix it? thanks.
hey what's new? i didn't have any fitment problems in my car. you could cut the back ends off of the trays that are shaped triangular. I don't think it will effect cupholder performance! :p I think I will try to design some sort of air tight wings on the sides of the IC. It shouldn't be too hard. If it's too hard I'll make chris do it :p It's like the beastie boys song, HE's CRAFTY!! :p :p

Back