Fan runs all the time

nitrouspaul said:
should I use a 5 or 10 lb hammer. Maybe a stick of dynamite..........
LOL... the head of a screwdriver should work fine. ;) What happens is the relay inside of the box sticks.. Usually, a bit of a tap is enough. The problem is usually infrequent and the relay box (IRCM) is $$. Its happened to me maybe 3-4 times over 15 years so I just live with it.

Thanks for the reply.

This solution did not work anyother ideas.

TbirdSCFan said:
LOL... the head of a screwdriver should work fine. ;) What happens is the relay inside of the box sticks.. Usually, a bit of a tap is enough. The problem is usually infrequent and the relay box (IRCM) is $$. Its happened to me maybe 3-4 times over 15 years so I just live with it.

What does runs all the time mean? Like with the key off it runs? Or it always runs when the engine is running?

If it's the second one, inspect the wiring connector for the IRCM and make sure someone didn't cut one of the wires.

It can be a good thing, I cut the #14 wire so that my low speed fans runs all the time. It made my car run a little cooler and I have it like that for more than a year with no problems.

nitrouspaul said:
Thanks for the reply.

This solution did not work anyother ideas.

You could connect this http://www.dccontrol.com/ directly to the low speed fan.

I use a aftermarket one speed fan and connect High Speed wire along with DCC power wire to the fan.
Then connect the brown & orange wire (low speed wire, the thinner of the two to the A/C control of the DCC).
This system does work as claimed, and varies fan speed to keep engine at same temperature.
Vs Hayden or FORD which is on or off and temp varies say from 180 to 220.

After fidgiting with wiresfrom the thermostat and the ircm the fan workded fine yesterday.

This morning when I turned the car on the fan started to run right away again.

Is it the thermostat which signals the fan to run or is it a more complex arrangement within the ircm. I can try to change the ircm but could be expensive.........need to know best probability before hand..

sail7seas said:
You could connect this http://www.dccontrol.com/ directly to the low speed fan.

I use a aftermarket one speed fan and connect High Speed wire along with DCC power wire to the fan.
Then connect the brown & orange wire (low speed wire, the thinner of the two to the A/C control of the DCC).
This system does work as claimed, and varies fan speed to keep engine at same temperature.
Vs Hayden or FORD which is on or off and temp varies say from 180 to 220.

Back