Need Advice Before I Start

leeklimala

Before I begin operating, I'd like to have some input from the senior surgeons on a possible diagnosis.

The symptoms:
1) a sporadic bump or burp in the engine (sucks a dollar back up at the tailpipe) no ticking or ratteling noise at the engine, sometimes about 1 sec after WOT the car falls on its face for a second or so then pick back up. No smoke or other symptoms of bad HG's or leaky valve seals.

I've been told it might be a bent or burnt valve. But wouldn't that cause a constant bumping and not sporaddical bumps?

Other ideas:
Timing chain is stretched
Cam sensor malfunction
Faulty wiring somewhere

Would a code reader be able to help in this situation?

Your input is vital gentlemen. The very life of this car is hanging in the balance? (I.E. I don't have the time or money to do it again)

Thanks,
Dr. Donethisbeforeonlyonceanddontwanttobotchthisup

All joking aside

I'd really appreciate some input please. I'd hate to rebuild or buy new heads and find out some sensor is shot. Thanks.

It would probably be cheaper to pay ford garage the 75 bucks to tell you whats wrong before you go that deep. from what you are describing i wouldnt think it would be in the motor. Hows your fuel filter / pump ? I would definately try a code reader for a hint.

Back