stiff brake pedal...

ThePikey

ok heres the situation...

my brake pedal has become stiff (granted i like that)... and ive been loosing brake fluid somewhere, but theres never a puddle under my car or anything. but ive been adding a bottle every 2-3 weeks. ever since i got this car back in march the orange 'antilock' light has been on but i (yes bad person) ignored it. ive read simelar posts on here in the past but never seems to be the exact same problem. so if someone could give me some pointers on what i need to fix, or if it would be better to go to a local brake shop and just bend over?

ThePikey said:
ok heres the situation...

my brake pedal has become stiff (granted i like that)... and ive been loosing brake fluid somewhere, but theres never a puddle under my car or anything. but ive been adding a bottle every 2-3 weeks. ever since i got this car back in march the orange 'antilock' light has been on but i (yes bad person) ignored it. ive read simelar posts on here in the past but never seems to be the exact same problem. so if someone could give me some pointers on what i need to fix, or if it would be better to go to a local brake shop and just bend over?

yea bro when your brake pedal is stiff that means you need brake fluid and oh if ur leacking fluid it will leack alot more when you pump the brake pedal especially when ur going to stop the car..to tell you it should be that it is leacking b\c's it cannot really be anything else.. so i guess go to a mechanic that know or somewhere but yea ur most likely leaking brake fluid.. well good luck

if the antilock light keeps coming on, i say replace the abs accumulator. its the black ball under your master brake cylinder right up against the firewall. the stiff pedal prob means you're loosing your assist too which'll happen when the accumulator goes bad. you can find a new one at www.priorreman.com. call them up and ask them for the accumulator. its about 100 bucks, but when it comes to brakes, you dont want to go and get some used one that might give out on you at a bad time.

Back