dumb speedo question

Bleed_Ford_Blue

Heres a story, I was out bragging about how fast my 95 5spd is to my buddies, and how I could easily max out my 145 speedo (which I have done on several occasions). So they want to see, we get in the car, find a nice loooong straight backroad and tear it up!. Well generally I can hit 120 at aboiut 52-55 in 3rd but this time I couldnt get it to cross 100. So upshift and keep it flogged, but still it wouldnt cross 100, the rmps were increasing as normal and everything was fine except my damn speedo stopped at 100. So now it absolutely will not cross 100 for anything, ive tried so many times it isnt even funny and it sticks there like a dart, and the worse thing is my buddies rib me about my tricked out hot rod that a grandma on a moped could outrun. (it gains speed, the speedo is screwed up). Anyone know how to fix this so I can show these guys

so what ur saying is that ur speedometer is stuck at 100 mph or it could only reach 100 mph if it is stuck get urself a new speedometer if it is not stuck but only goes up to 100 mph like i said again get a new speedometer..go to ebay and get it of there or anywhere else..oh another quetion when it hit 100 mph did the car keep accelerating.. did you feel the car still pulling for more..? or when the car said 100 mph you felt the car stop pulling.. tell me which of these happend and then i could help a brother out.. :cool:

does it go back to normal after you get under 100mph, cause mine used to stick at random speeds, and there was a ford tag that was causing it to get stuck and i pulled it out and never had a problem with it, or you could have a bad speedometer and have to replace the whole guage, i recommend take the guage out and look in the middle of it to see if there is a piece of paper, or tag stuck in there, and if nto well look for a new one.

speedo

It works perfectly to 100 and will go to 105 if im really driving the piss out of the car and have it wound up tight, but when I go below 100 it works again. And believe me the cars pulls WELL past 100, the 4th gear shift will set you back everytime.

Back