where can i find these if they exist

LostDreamer

I just painted my engine black but i want all the letters white do they have inlays for your engine or do i have to spend hours and hours masking the whole thing just to paint the 3.8L and supercharged letters white? please help

BEST TIP I COULD EVER GIVE

ok this will never be 10000% perfect but its SUPER quick..

buy a 3 $ thing of axle grease cover the howhole thing with it .. mask off everything elase wiht jsut oe big pice of paper dont need to mask teh letters n such.. hen get a couple cloths ready and wip[e the greamse off of the parts u want to paint. make sure there pertfectly dry of all grease sand them a bit down.. wipe ot clean witha find degreeser(jsut wipe where u want to paint be very careful.. then jsut PAINTthen let teh paint dry completely (takes about 48 hours at about 20 celcius .. then jsut wipe ti all clean and only the paint on teh letters will stay.. man it takes longer to type this then to do it :p..

I polished the lettering on mine. Started with a sanding block (fine paper) then used a Dremel with a buffing pad. Don't think regular vinyl lettering would hold up to the heat.

I was too lazy to polish mine, but after painting it black I took a grinder and hit the raised parts with 80 grit and it gave the raised letters a nice machined look. I got lots of compliments on it.

Attachments

• tops top.jpg
    tops top.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 129
XR7 Dave said:
I was too lazy to polish mine, but after painting it black I took a grinder and hit the raised parts with 80 grit and it gave the raised letters a nice machined look. I got lots of compliments on it.

:cool: Hey that is truly sweet dave ;) great plan

LostDreamer said:
I just painted my engine black but i want all the letters white do they have inlays for your engine or do i have to spend hours and hours masking the whole thing just to paint the 3.8L and supercharged letters white? please help

Couldn't you just spray the whole thing white, mask off the letters with wax or something and then spray the overspray black again?

WinnipegSC said:
BEST TIP I COULD EVER GIVE

ok this will never be 10000% perfect but its SUPER quick..

buy a 3 $ thing of axle grease cover the howhole thing with it .. mask off everything elase wiht jsut oe big pice of paper dont need to mask teh letters n such.. hen get a couple cloths ready and wip[e the greamse off of the parts u want to paint. make sure there pertfectly dry of all grease sand them a bit down.. wipe ot clean witha find degreeser(jsut wipe where u want to paint be very careful.. then jsut PAINTthen let teh paint dry completely (takes about 48 hours at about 20 celcius .. then jsut wipe ti all clean and only the paint on teh letters will stay.. man it takes longer to type this then to do it :p..

I don't think paint and axle grease make a good combo. I'd worry about the paint not adhering properly, even if you were VERY careful to wipe the grease off.

XR7 Dave said:
I was too lazy to polish mine, but after painting it black I took a grinder and hit the raised parts with 80 grit and it gave the raised letters a nice machined look. I got lots of compliments on it.[

I like your idea I'm going to try that not sure if I'm going to use a block or a grinder I own both but I'll post some pic's when it's all done thanks everyone you guys rock :cool:

XR7 Dave said:

hahaha thank you so much for posting that picture. i've been thinking that hwen i get my supercharger ported id' paint everything black and sand the raised lettering so it'll get a metal look or what not. but i could never find soembody who did it, only could see it in my head :D especially w/ black paint on the exterior i think it would look nice

Back