4.2L from 3.8L???

95sc666

Hi. Im new to the forum. My 95 sc started rod knocking a few days ago. I was wondering if you can install a ford van 4.2 crank in the 3.8 to get the extra 24 cubes or is it not worth the hassle. Also, are there any aftermarket cams or better factory cams available for the sc since the motor is comming out anyhow? Thanks for any info!!!

95sc666 said:
Hi. Im new to the forum. My 95 sc started rod knocking a few days ago. I was wondering if you can install a ford van 4.2 crank in the 3.8 to get the extra 24 cubes or is it not worth the hassle. Also, are there any aftermarket cams or better factory cams available for the sc since the motor is comming out anyhow? Thanks for any info!!!

I am doing that to my 89 SC ,the block is being decked and line honed,the heads are being milled, 5.7 chevy forged rods will be honed to fit. There is no body at the machine shop now,but I hope to be .060 over after sonic and baking are done.The crankshaft will be completly racing preped.Crane makes blower grindes for any motor.Find a guy that likes and drives a Ford to do the machine work if you can,it's a must!

4.2 crank

as far as interchangeability, you must use crank,rods, and pistons. You may wish to check the block since the webbing is different than the standard 3.8 block

Back