Any pictures on installed transmission cooler?

91CaliTBIRD

I am getting back my SC tomorrow from the transmission shop, it is getting a major overhaul with many mods such as a stall converter, shift kit ang Borg Warner trans parts. Now i need a trans cooler and was wondering what brand might be best and if anyone has any pictures on where exactly they have installed it. Supercoupe performance sells one for $120, anyone purchase that one and how is it?

This one from Summit will probably be more than enough unless you got a small diameter (10" or smaller) non-locking converter with more than 2500 stall.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...Ntk=KeywordSearch&Ntt=B&M+transmission+cooler

It comes with everything you need to plumb it in series with you radiator cooler. I mounted mine to the radiator mounting channel (in front of AC condensor) with a couple of large sheet metal screws.

If you have a converter like mentioned above your going to need more cooling. I've got info on bigger coolers mounted under the battery but don't want to post it unless you need it.

David

I am getting a locking converter, does it make a difference on which cooler to buy? And can you tell me the difference between locking and non-locking converter?
Thanks

I wouldn't use a locking converter in an aod unless you go with alot of stall and want it for a daily driver. Mild stall and non lockup perform best. The 3/4 inch direct drive shaft is a serious weak link. It is recommended that you install a 1 piece input shaft with a matching converter.
Alan

Here's a pic of the B&M 28,000 GVW cooler on my 90 XR7:

trans%20cooler.jpg

It is attached to the bumper by a bracket at the top, and you can see the bracket at the bottom.

-Rod

Click Here to see pics of my tranny cooler installation. This cooler would probably be overkill for most, but it's just about right for me....9.5" non-locking 2700 stall.

Back