Turbos are neat (TT 3.8L Mustang inside)

JJanney said:
V6Power.net link

Upwards of 380 rwhp running pic rich from an intercooled 11.5 psi on a stock split-port induction block. Says a lot for the efficiency of turbos.

Nice. I gotta ask though, how much torque does it make at 2500rpm? ;)

No dyno graphs yet. Torque production was down as a result (or so he claimed). The torque curve was very healthy on his last TT setup.

Old Setup

His new setup is run through a slushbox too.

JJanney said:
No dyno graphs yet. Torque production was down as a result (or so he claimed). The torque curve was very healthy on his last TT setup.

Old Setup

LOL! The torque production off the line will be the deciding factor SC vs. Turbo. :rolleyes:

JJanney said:

Old Setup

Couldn't get that link to load...does the auto have a stock stall converter, if so what is that, I think 2200? I'm not sure.

Just has a PI convertor so it stalls much higher, ON his first setup he ran high 11's on a stock Mustang motor, no port work nothing, just a junk yard used motor, that old twin turbo setup he had is now on another car and is making around 380 RWHP as well. This is Justins new kit which made 380ish RWHP right away, with more tuning he should be well o ver 400 at the wheels on a stock motor.

I can see Franks head exploding as we type haha.

Frank dont worry...Stock for stock motor,,, one with aTurbo and one with a whipple or autorotor......Youll be ahead....You figure the blown car will get the launch and you will reel him in and blow by him like noones buissness..

That is if they ever get to your car!

man, that thing is crazy. It looks nothing like a powerful engine! Where the hell are the turbos? U would think at least teh turbo piping woudl be visible but nothing....and is that still the AC compressor? Sheeesh!! Crazy I tell ya!

NO IM NOT!!!..But you hav ea few packages comming yer way...One from Metco..Two from me....However one ended up going priority while the other regular mail..So it may take awhile

Be afraid..be very AFRAID!

You should be afraid to FRANK! hehe

Just for clarification he is using the 99+ SPIT PORT motors, with dual runners for each cylinder, they produce 192HP stock. Also his first setup had the turbo's up at the top of the motor and very visable, his new setup is much harder to see the turbo's, he does'nt show a pic of it from directly above the motor so thats probably why you can't see them, if you look closely at one of his pics you can see a pipe running from the passenger side towards the drivers side. He posted pics of the piping on V6power before.

Back