Fuseable Link for cooling fan

Brad94SC

can someone tell me where I might find the fuseable link for the rad fan on my 94? the fan wont come on at all, not even with A/C on and Im guessing it is the link thats gone bad -

I have no idea where to find it tho..... on a 94 5-speed

thanks!

On my '92SC the fuseable link for the fan is in the wiring harness bundle that comes out from the bottom of the main power distribution (fuse) box. The fuse link is about 6" or so from the box. It will probably be in about the same location on a '94SC. You can test the fan motor by disconnecting the power leads to the fan and hooking them up directly to the battery. If the fan comes on, then it could be the fuseable link, or a bad IRCM.

Brad - the 1994 doesn't have the earlier style fusible link for the cooling fan. There are actually 2 large fuses in the under hood fuse box. When my fan motor went, the first sign was the fan not running & the engine getting hot, plus the 60amp fuse blew. But watch out, when I innocently just replaced the fuse, then that whole section of the fuse box melted on me - what a mess. I'd get a some knowlegeable help and consider replacing the motor. You can get the Siemens 2 speed motor from places like AutoZone for about $100; otherwise Ford sells the whole fan shroud assembly for over $350. You can change the motor yourself - use a small puller to remove the fan blade and unfortunately the '94 has a slightly different harness connector (flat versus round), so you'll have to get a matching connector and splice it in on your old wiring. I would also bypass the fuse box altogether and use a new fusible link for the fans - I had to because of the fuse box damage, but I think it's a design fault anyway.
Good luck.

AZ should have the correct Seiman's motor with the right plug for your car:

Radiator Fan Motor 89-93 Auto Zone 99.00 PM254
Radiator Fan Motor 94-95 Auto Zone 79.99 PM9008 (2 speed)
Radiator Fan Motor 94-95 Auto Zone 69.99 PM9020 (1 speed)

Back