xr7dave

turbospeed

Hi dave , i need some help in chossing a Cam i already searched but still cant decide, im rebuilding and getting new rods and pistons as well as ARP hardware , pistons are goiing to be .20.
now after getting the rebuild kit mybudget is down to 600dlls for cam/heads.i know a cam/pushrods goes for about 200dlls. shpuld i spend the 400 in a pir of headers or get a polish/valve job.

any extra suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pd. i already have a bhj balancer

turbospeed said:
Hi dave , i need some help in chossing a Cam i already searched but still cant decide, im rebuilding and getting new rods and pistons as well as ARP hardware , pistons are goiing to be .20.
now after getting the rebuild kit mybudget is down to 600dlls for cam/heads.i know a cam/pushrods goes for about 200dlls. shpuld i spend the 400 in a pir of headers or get a polish/valve job.

any extra suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pd. i already have a bhj balancer

It is best to contact me offline via the email link in my sig. ;)

As you well know after being here awhile, most of us don't have much good to say about the available headers. :D Port the collectors in your stock manifolds and call it a day.

As for the cam, I recommend the same cam grind that I run in my car for just about all applications. It is mild enough for daily driving and road manners, gets nearly stock gas mileage, and can support enough airflow for 350rwhp (with an M90). 210/220 dur @ .050 and .491" lift on a 112 LSA. Pushrods are 305 Chevy HR from any late 80's application.

:)

Oh, and get the heads ported.

I would gasket match ,and clean up the ports ,with a multi angle valve job.
And port the stock header before I would buy headers.

I beleive you would get more bang for the buck.With cam, port clean up
that from headers.

RANDY

well since i only have 400 left for the rebuild , im gonan see what kind port job can get for the 400 or use them for injectors and a chip. or a new clutch..

for the rebuild im planning on getting the engine balanced.

Back