Lowering the SC

Stevie_B_SC

I have a few questions for the boards in regards to dropping the Super Coupe. First of all, I've gone back and forth as to whether or not I want to bring her down a litle bit. From the rear and off to the sides from the rear, I think how she sits stock is perfect. But from the sides, I think it looks pretty darn awful in all honesty........that wheel gap is out of control. What do you think?

I'm thinking I'm gonna go with Eibach's Pro Kit which is a 1.5" drop. I think anything more than that makes the car look too slammed. At supercoupeperformance.com they suggest new rear sway bars and polyurethane rear spring cups.........good ideas? What about replacing the adjustable shocks. I've heard different stories about how this is dealt with. Sometimes people use a single shock, sometimes folks go with a new adjustable? Can you keep the adjustable that comes stock if you lower the car?

Thanks!!!

Stevie
'94 SC

I lowered my '94 5spd with Eibachs and absolutely love it. The ride and handling are great. The pic below is with 17" Lincoln LS wheels. Not bad huh?

'bird

lswhls7956.jpg

tbird88 said:
I lowered my '94 5spd with Eibachs and absolutely love it. The ride and handling are great. The pic below is with 17" Lincoln LS wheels. Not bad huh?

'bird

lswhls7956.jpg

That is nice! That's with the Eibach Pro-Kit? 1.5"?

Stevie_B_SC said:
That is nice! That's with the Eibach Pro-Kit? 1.5"?
Yep, sure is. Had it aligned after lowering and the ride/handling is awesome for puttin' around town.

No info by your handle, what year is your car?

'bird

tbird88 said:
No info by your handle, what year is your car?

'bird

It's a '94, automatic.........black. You're ride looks like it's long lost cousin. What did you do about the adjustable shocks when you lowered yours?

Stevie_B_SC said:
It's a '94, automatic.........black. You're ride looks like it's long lost cousin. What did you do about the adjustable shocks when you lowered yours?
Left 'em on there, doin' ok as far as I can tell. Maybe someone else can give specifics on what happens runnin' stock shocks, no trouble on mine yet though.

'bird

Stevie_B_SC said:
from the sides, I think it looks pretty darn awful in all honesty........that wheel gap is out of control. What do you think?

just buy truck tires... it will fill the gap

but seriously it willb e fine, you might want the sway bar, i dont have it and mines lowered with the eibachs and ground clearence isnt a huge issue, just gotta be careful around large speed bumps and inclines. id recommend it looking at it from stock to lowered it just looks so much cleaner and just gives it an all around better stance on the ground.

Last edited:
Back