Does my SC work??

umasstom

Is there anyway besides the boost gauge to tell how much your supercharger is actually putting out? I can still hear it whine, and since i have the densecharger system on there its pretty loud. I also just put on a new exhaust, high flow cats and flowmasters, and the power just isnt really there.

Thanks!

Tom 93 5 spd S/C

If your boost gauge shows vaccumn at idle and boost at WOT then your SC is working. If it's not making unusual noises, then it is probably OK. You will need a calibrated gauge if you really want an accurate boost number. The boost pressure is very dependant on the mods you have done, so its not an accurate way of measuring the condition of the SC.

Look at your fuel filter, has it been replaced lately? You are feeding a lot more air into the engine with those mods. Make sure you can deliver the needed fuel.

Did you put new O2 sensors in? The old one may be sluggish and killing your power.

Aaron

BTW: Are you at U Mass? If so which campus? I'm a UMass Dartmouth Grad.

Last edited:
umass!

yep... i go to Umass Dartmouth.. will be starting my senior year in the fall.. well senior year number 1 at least :) majoring in computer engineering. whend you graduate? back to the topic.. yes.. the O2's were changed, and i havent checked my fuel filter.. where is it on these cars?? not really used to fords :)

thanks

Tom
93 S/C

Also, after you open up your exhaust your boost goes down a bit due to the decreased backpressure. A raised top or 5-10% SC pulley will help with getting the boost up again!

Tom

I graduated in 2000, but I was on the 10 year program - left in 92 because I drank my tuition money back in 98 when I learned to stop drinking like a fish.

About the fuel filter, I haven't done it yet so I'm in the same position you are.

From autozone.com
On your 1989 FORD THUNDERBIRD, the FUEL FILTER is:
UNDER VEHICLE, PASSENGER SIDE, BELOW SEATING AREA, NEAR FUEL TANK, MOUNTED ON FRAME RAIL IN FUEL LINE

Who did your exhaust?

Aaron

exhaust

lou's custom exhaust in brockton.. they did a GREAT job with it... and threw in free chrom tips :) the best thing is that they did it THAT day and got it finished in like 3 hours.. theyre REAL quick

exhaust

2 high flow cats, 2 chrome flowmaster, chrome tips, down tubs, Y pipe and install for 600

I know its not THAT great of a deall.. but they did it that day and it looks GREAT.

Back