Kustom SC?? Thinking out loud

greenehoosier

You will have to excuse my ramblings here. I am a fan of 50's style cars. I have a 1953 Victoria. I love the cars of John D'Agostino and Christenberry. Has anyone ever done a Thunderbird into a tastefull custom. Smooth, no barbs. Low. Fender skirts definitely ( I wonder what would work? Custom made probably). Shaved trim and doors/trunk. Moon discs. Simple black. I said I would make this thing all stock, but, my nature is fighting the notion. The things I loved about '50 cars are here. Smooth round styling. And the things I dislike about 50's cars are not a problem with the SC. Rust free 50-'s cars are extinct in the Midwest. Style, performance and comfort are difficult to attain and maintain in a 50's car. Has anyone ever seen anything like this done to a T-bird, SC or otherwise? Thanks.
Randy

greenehoosier said:
You will have to excuse my ramblings here. I am a fan of 50's style cars. I have a 1953 Victoria. I love the cars of John D'Agostino and Christenberry. Has anyone ever done a Thunderbird into a tastefull custom. Smooth, no barbs. Low. Fender skirts definitely ( I wonder what would work? Custom made probably). Shaved trim and doors/trunk. Moon discs. Simple black. I said I would make this thing all stock, but, my nature is fighting the notion. The things I loved about '50 cars are here. Smooth round styling. And the things I dislike about 50's cars are not a problem with the SC. Rust free 50-'s cars are extinct in the Midwest. Style, performance and comfort are difficult to attain and maintain in a 50's car. Has anyone ever seen anything like this done to a T-bird, SC or otherwise? Thanks.
Randy

they make a kit that you can replace the front end with a 50's style with round headlights ect and the rear has the small round tailights and the body lines are real smooth and i have even seen them with the smoothy rims on it.....not sure on the company name but someone here will reply with it im sure....i personally do not like the kit but some people do.....

Yeah, I have seen that kit. Ugly is the word that came to mind with that one. It is meant to mimic the 1949-1951 Ford....I had a 1949 with a Camaro subframe. Anyway, that is not the look I was going for. More along stock bodylines, shaved, low, skirts, Moon Discs etc...

Back