Pls Help Me Cuts Out After 3 Grand....

93thunderbird

hey i have a 90 sc 5 spd it was cutting out on me after 3 grand (kinda bogging) the tack would hit 3 right around almost 10 psi and the tack would shoot down to 2 rpms as if i slammed on the brake and let off with in a sec. well i changed the ignition mod. and it stopped but now its "bogging" at high rpms really when its pushing 10 psi when i poped the hood supercharger fluid pissed out in a straight line right at the pulley all on the hood (no noise no screwaming out of the supercharger) could it be locking up or slipping i can tack it out all i want with out letting boost build up and it will be fine 5 psi is fine but when i try for anything more it boggs is it the supercharger or somthing else thx shawn

Could be alot of things but with mine it was the fuel pump @ wot would not deliver enough fuel. Have the fuel pressure checked. Mabe as simple as a plugged air or fuel filter or dirty maf. If you dont se a CEL light these would most likely be the things I would check first. Then plugs and wires. Also look at you balancer and if you see the slightest woble this could also be it.

I beleive you have a loose plug wire or a bad spark plug check your plugs and wires and make sure they are all connected!This is a common problem that happens to alot of people, hope this helps.

Chris

any more suggest.? pls any1

i changed the ignition mod... changed coil pack wires r on... filter fine (havent tryed fuel filter) have a fuel press guage hooked up fuel press is good... were is the balancer you spoke of? could it be my cam sensor? no my CEL light isnt on change the maf that wasnt it either... thx so much pls any ideas thx again shawn

When you checked your fuel pressure did you check at wot? I thought I did but after changing alot of sensors I found out my pump was weak. The harmonic balancer is know to got out on these cars and cause all kinds of conditions. I have had 7 sc`s and half had bad balancers. Now they are getting even older. The rubber just starts to deteriate and cause a wobble and the crank sensor cant get true reading and causes misfires. Reach in its the large pully at the very bottom and see if your large center bolt is still there. Then make sure the 4 bolts that hold the pully on are still tight and not missing. hope this helps, Mark.

Back