Sunroof Question, wont auto stop

XtinctBird

When closing or opening my sunroof. The panel does not stop prior to vent mode. It just closes, and imediatley goes into vent. I have to tap the button to close it properly. Is this caused by a relay, or will i need to replace the motor?
also, the wind spoiler on mine is broken as well, anyone know how i can fix this?

Boy, are you going to love me for this one. Don't replace anything! Mine did the exact same thing! What you need to do is the reset procedure. I am at work so I don't know if I'll get it exactly right, but the Helms (Ford) manual has the procedure in it. It goes a little something like this:

1. With the key on accessory position (power on), manually put your sunroof in the closed position by toggling the switch. Look on the top to make sure it's sealed or run water over it and make sure it's not leaking inside. Then turn your key to the off position (power off).
2. Pull down your power sunroof motor access door. I think it's hinged in the back, so pull down the front of it. Check the manual to make sure.
3. Remove the power sunroof motor, but don't disconnect it. What I mean is you have to have the gears disengaged from the motor to the sunroof.
4. Turn the key on (power on) and push your power sunroof switch to "open". Hold it down until you hear the power sunroof motor turn off. Turn key to off position (power off).
5. Install the power sunroof motor.
6. Turn the key to accessory postion (power on).
7. Test the vent, closed and open position with the power sunroof switch. If it doesn't work, then I probably told you to push the switch in the wrong direction when the power sunroof motor was not installed (hanging).
8. Install power sunroof motor access cover.

Let us know if it works!

Last edited:
Back