Blow Off Valves

Kyler

Hey all, names Kyler, I'm 17 and just bought a 1990 Cougar XR7.

It's winter up here in Manitoba so I put it away for a few months, new intake and exhaust are coming in the spring but one thing im curious about is blow off valves. Can someone tell me whats involved in gettin that signature sound? I don't have the slightest clue of what to do. :confused:

The SC is not a ricer mobile, so you can't have a blow off valve. Plus blow offs are for turbos not supers.

Perhaps I'm misguided, but I was under the understanding that you can infact get a blowoff valve for S/C engines. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a b/o valve is suppose to releave pressure built up in a turbo application during de-acceleration (and other times) due to the fact that the turbo is still spinning. Since a S/C runs off the engine, even during de-acceleration it should still be spinning, therefore creating pressure? So wouldn't it be logical that a b/o valve could in fact be put on a S/C engine?

Edit: Parker Dean, that car is possibly one of the coolest things I've ever heard

Last edited:
The bypass valve that is stock on an SC is a blowoff valve Ford just piped the valves exhaust back into the intake thus making it a bypass configuration.
The valves exhaust must be plumbed back into the intake because the mass air sensor has already measured that airs volume and set the fuel mixture for it. Not plumbing the valves exhaust back into the intake will result in an overly rich condition at deceleration and idle. The engine will not idle or at the very least idle very poorly.

Kyler said:
K yah im dumb, didn't see the posts at the bottom, nm then i Just like the sound :(

Get that air silencer that is right under the filter panel and throw some sort of ram or cai system and she will scream nicely. My super is stock with a 5% on it with a homemade cai into the fender and ive snapped more heads than i could imagine.

Back