Got beat last night

boostedbird

I was cruising the vard racing all comers an older camero with alot of mods gave me a run for my money but I took him, a WRX with exhaust but i got him too, saw the SRT-4 I want to race so badly but couldn't get to him!! Then there was my down fall I was cruisning along and an older model talon TSI drove up and it looked nice and all but when we finally caught a light I decided to play with him and I looked over and saw he had some nice electronics in the car boost gauge, EGT temp etc etc and even a bright blue Apexi boost controller on the dash. He had exhaust and blow off but that was all I knew for sure. As the light went green I got taken off line(DAM ALL WHEEL DRIVE CARS!!) but quickly caught up to him and as i was pulling the RPMs and my MPII wailing like a pissed off Banshee on steriods, I see him grab 2nd and he just started coming on me like a freight train. He took the victory by 2 carlengthes and we shut down, when he pulled off and parked I asked what was done to it and he has the whole engine built forged this ported that. Custom turbo header with a G20 custom turbo making 20PSI hes running race gas, SDS stand alone engine managment system, apexi intercooler, 3 inch exhaust NO emissions stuff at all and the list went on and hes stripped the car and it weighs 3100 with him in it. He said he ran a best of 11.3 last summer and was making over 450 at the wheels do I believe him??? What reason do I have to doubt it hahaha. This only makes me want to make my car faster!!! Hehehehe AR blower HURRY UP!! Hahahaha :D

boostedbird said:
He said he ran a best of 11.3 last summer and was making over 450 at the wheels do I believe him??? What reason do I have to doubt it hahaha. This only makes me want to make my car faster!!! Hehehehe AR blower HURRY UP!! Hahahaha :D

Naaaaa! I looks like you will need the upcoming TURBO setup. :D

Aren't there any cops in Utah ?

I have to be very careful where I'm at when getting on the go pedal hard, because the supercharger whine is so damn loud you can hear it a couple blocks away.

The police around here have gotten pretty serious about street racing and if you get caught even doing a little 0-80 romp between stoplights, your going to face some very big fines.

I'm hoping the turbo car will be quieter.

David

David Neibert said:
Aren't there any cops in Utah ?

I have to be very careful where I'm at when getting on the go pedal hard, because the supercharger whine is so damn loud you can hear it a couple blocks away.

The police around here have gotten pretty serious about street racing and if you get caught even doing a little 0-80 romp between stoplights, your going to face some very big fines.

I'm hoping the turbo car will be quieter.

David

I have the same problem here. I've been pulled over 2 blocks from my house for stomping on it to see if I got the miss out of the engine before. Luckily I didn't get a ticket.

And mine isn't half as loud as yours.

I idle out of town. My exhaust is pretty loud and the cops around here are crazy. The city gives them bonuses for writing tickets. They hang around the bars at closing time and stop cars. $100 bonus for every dui they write. $50 for a drag racing or wreckless ticket. Its just crazy. Sometimes I wonder what this state is comming to.

Well as luck would have it here in Utah its still pretty serious about street racing and yes my car is load the supercharger will drown out the exhaust. But out on the vard on a friday or saturday there are about 200-350 street racing cars going up and down looks like fast and furious and there are only about 10-12 cops to monitor all these races and thats on a 4 mile strip so its really in my favor :D

But also I have a few other +s on my sind for one I am 31 years old so i look like a dad going home so they pay me little attention, 2nd I am driving a car that unless you know about them looks like any other family coupe hehehe, and last but definitly not least I know where they like to wait and radar and i don't race around those areas.

yea i know where they sit around my area to ive had my close encounters my car stands out im suprised they didnt show up at my house when they see it on the street i mean theyve tried to do the michigan turn to catch me racing people and theyve driven down my street when im outside fiddling with it and they stare i mean they know and watch every move i make. i mean its obvious their watching me.....i got my car back from getting fixed and the day it moved to the going out spot by the road they began patrolling till i picked it up and as i was leaving a cop got behind me and followed me to my friends house in then next city....they want my ***

tim said:
I idle out of town. My exhaust is pretty loud and the cops around here are crazy. The city gives them bonuses for writing tickets. They hang around the bars at closing time and stop cars. $100 bonus for every dui they write. $50 for a drag racing or wreckless ticket. Its just crazy. Sometimes I wonder what this state is comming to.

I dont know where you are in IL, but up here in lake county I got pulled over for loud exhaust. 281$ to fix and make the judge happy

heh, i have a really good advantage in blending in with everyday cars when racing, being that i drive a 4 door buick! Man u never know about those turbo dsm's, u get the old crappy ones that run mid 15s at best and the killer fully built ones, those make pretty good sleepers! My friend's got a 95 gst with some stuff done but he can't ever race me since its always broken down! i hear maintenance on those is a PITA.

Back