Cobra R rims

IA ThunderHawk

Much has been posted on this issue, but I'm still a little unclear.

I have eibach lowering springs 1 1/2 inch. I want to purchase 17x9 Cobra R rims, offset 36mm, but I am unsure what tire to use. It seems as though a lot of people have the 255/45/17 tires. Do these fill out the wheel well so that it does not look undersized?? What about using the 255/50/17?? I think they will fill it out better but will the 50s rub when I turn?

Thanks

IA ThunderHawk said:
Much has been posted on this issue, but I'm still a little unclear.

I have eibach lowering springs 1 1/2 inch. I want to purchase 17x9 Cobra R rims, offset 36mm, but I am unsure what tire to use. It seems as though a lot of people have the 255/45/17 tires. Do these fill out the wheel well so that it does not look undersized?? What about using the 255/50/17?? I think they will fill it out better but will the 50s rub when I turn?

Thanks
I personnaly have 255-50 x 17 and I think they look best. IMHO
Look in the non-technical section under titlle "Cobra R?" There is more info there.

Last edited:
They both look fine. The 255/50 looks a little beefier, than the 255/45, but the 250/45 looks better when lowered any more than 1 1/2 inches. It is jus what YOU like.

Here is mine with 255/45/17 on the front and 275/40/17 on the rear

leftfront-sep.jpg

392Bird said:
They both look fine. The 255/50 looks a little beefier, than the 255/45, but the 250/45 looks better when lowered any more than 1 1/2 inches. It is jus what YOU like.

Here is mine with 255/45/17 on the front and 275/40/17 on the rear

leftfront-sep.jpg

Agree!
I have been watching your website and looks like you have done a great job and now have a very impressive car. If possible, I would like to come see your car. Maybe some Saturday or Sunday in Jan/Feb. Let me know if this is possible.

Mike Tuck

Mike,
Sure not a problem. If the weather is decent, I try to take it out every Saturday afternoon for a short drive. You are welcome to ride along. It does have 2 seats :)

Cobra R question

Speaking of Cobra R's, somebody makes a 2 & 1/2 inch plastic disc with our bird logo on it to change it from a Cobra R to a TBird R. Anybody know who that somebody is?

Back