Sunroof Seal/ Headliner

acb92sc

How involved is it to replace sunroof seal and the headliner? I have alot of wind noise at speed and leak under high pressure (ie. car wash). My headliner is ripped in several spots, and if i replace it, i can wire in the newer sunroof switch/dome lights at the same time. I got a quote of $300 to install after i wire the switch in, but if its not too bad of a job, ill attempt it myself. Thanx, Adam B

You know what, i always thought it was going to be hard but last tuesday I went to the junk yard and i started fiddling with the sunroof of a 97 tbird b/c the sliding cover was MINT and I wanted to attempt to get it to replace the dirty and ripped cover on my 94. So, after taking two little cover pieces it exposed two torx bolts on each side. So i started unscrewing them thinking it wsnt gonna do much good...but low and behold...thats all it took to get the glass off. Once u have the glass off you can slide the cover out of the car. Im not 100% sure the same applies to our sc's...but it should. Im thinking it wont be much different.

The wind noise may be due to the moonroof not being even with the roof surface. You will need to loosen a few screws, hold the glass level, and then retighten them.

Back