looking at black 95 sc

sprung_monkey

hey guys whats going on??? i just found a black 95 sc for 4,995$ cash i really like the car but i found some problems with it and i need help

1. when i got out and walked around the car i smelled something not auite sure what it was though could be tranny but im not sure.....any ideas??

2. it seemed to slack off alot when i floored it once or twice

i know these are fairly vague ?'s but mnai need help lol im tierd of my s10 and my stealth is a non-rolling p.o.s

Sounds like the tranny may need a flush with new fluid an possibly the bands adjusted. If it is an automatic. When you really got on it did it rev before the trans started to kick in?

Hey Sprung Monkey, don't be so hard on the Stealth or I'll go back to 3si and tell everyone :p . What did you think over all of the car's performance and overall feel compared to the Stealth? If you wish you may want to look around for a 5spd car if you are dissapointed/worried about this SC in particular, or the fact that it's an auto. The SC's can usually be had for around 3-6k, depending on what you want and the year (and are much cheaper to buy and keep up than the 3000GT and Stealth). The 5spd is the same tranny found in some of the F-150 trucks and are pretty sturdy.

hehe the pickup in it was sooo much better than my es and i love rwd :D but those two things are the biggest things that i noticed other than the paint (it could use a good paint job) but other than that it was very nice

Trans slipping

I would have to think that the tranny is slipping some in the mid ranges and under high rpms which is burning up the trans fluid. It may also just be extreamly low on tranny fluid. Be sure to check it with the engine running otherwise you will get a false reading on the dipstick. If you can take it to a trans shop and have them test drive it they may be able to tell you the health of the tranny and they may give you a good deal on a flush. Hope all of this helps.

The 94/95 4R70W automatic transmissions were not really the best of the bunch. I would plan on possibly a transmission rebuild in the near future. Take a good look at the fluid and observe if it smells burnt or is discolored.

Back