hydraulic clutch line removal???

superN8

well i just cant figure out how to remove the hydraulic clutch line from the tanny and the reservor on my 1990 sc. Is there a special tool or what do you do. I tried to search but to no avail. just wonderin if someone can give me a pointer. Also if anyone has any tips for bleeding the clutch let me know. I tried to bleed mine and i still have no pedal. Tried gravity bleeding, and pushing the pedal in then closing the bleeder???? THANKS!

I believe you just have to push the plastic ring all the way towards the transmission and then pull the line out.

To bleed, have someone help you. Press on the clutch pedal, open bleeder, close bleeder, let off clutch pedal - repeat.

Thats correct the white sleeve needs to be pushed in to release some retaining tabs. There is a tool made for it but can be done by carfully working it in with 2 small screwdrivers. I had a lot of trouble with mine and would recomend blowing any dirt out of the connection with air compressor and working some wd 40 type lube in there. mine went in hard and i made a mess of the whire collar before i got it.

Back