Stock aftermarket Calipers

Dahoopd

Well I went to replace my brakes and both calipers are locked up in the rear. I cracked the bleeder valve on the drivers side and no fluid came out. When I removed the bleeder, it was all rusted up. The AZ parts are $55 each and the Fords are $180. Is this an item that can be used from any parts place or does anyone have recomendations.

How do you mean the calipers are locked up? You cannot push the pistons back into the rear calipers if thats what you're reffering to. You must screw them back down into the caliper just like screwing in a bolt.

Nope

The first caliper ( drivers side) I turned this for 3.5 hours continuosly. That is no joke. It took me four hours to get the piston in and the only way it finally went in was one smack with a hammer and it went right in. Then I had to put one of the old pads back on because the slides that the caliper bolts to is rusted solid. So that has to be replaced also. ( junk yard)

As for the passenger side. It wont even budge. It is so tight, the grooves rounded right off.

Generally the bracket and pins get screwed up..Not the caliper..However if you smashed the caliper in..Im sure its bad now!!!

We use the same rear calipers as an 87-88 Turbo coupe if that helps

Loaded Calipers

I bought a set of loaded calipers from Advance Auto that came with the whole assy. and pads. I don't remember the price, but it wasn't that bad. $55 sounds to me like it is for that caliper only, no pad bracket or pins. Be sure to check and see what comes with that. The ones I ordered came in and had the Ford logo on top just like the stock ones. They have worked really well.

Back