heater core? differences?

T@Sound-Xtreme

I assume that this is my heater core? but it looks differnent than my replacement. And yes i did cut into the box and i am going to try and get it out that way.

Resized_pics%20016.jpg

and this is what the replacement looks like, its very skinny compared to the other thing which im assuming is the heater core.

Resized_pics%20017.jpg

Resized_pics%20018.jpg

Tyler

Its kindof hard to decipher, but the top photo looks like the A/C evaporator. The A/C evap sits upright (vertical) and is right next to the case fan. The heater core sits at the bottom of the case mostly horizontal and slightly to the right of the center vents... There should be 2-4 black screws holding a rectangular access cover on it.

Hope you're good with a glue gun and scissors. ;)

Last edited:
all i can say about that is

Mutilated that poor heater box, only to find that you hacked into the ac evaporator? Thats not even where the heater core is buddy- :confused: :( :cool: :p

WOW

easy one must way rethink the time next should. way correct jedi is the for.

WOW you went to the trouble of chopping up your condensor box when all you had to do was remove 4 screws? Hope you did'nt cut into the condensor. :eek:

Did i mention that i was going to kill you mike? :D

Ok i see where i need to be now, D oh! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok plastic weld glue here i come, and no i didnt cut into the ac evap. Ill keep myslef as well as everyone else posted on this disaster!

Tyler

Tyler, I was thinking about coming and looking at your mess, and see if at my age I could still learn what not to do. But after checking mapquest I see Havenoluck, NC is 307 miles from Charlotte. So please post more photos, I want to see if Mike can laugh himself into cardiac arrest.

Back