New owner needs good diag. service in NE

turbokev

Hi folks..

I'm a long time Thunderbird owner.. 1970, 1971, 1973, 1986tc, and 1988tc.

I just bought my first SuperCoupe as it was one of those deals I just couldn't pass up..Nice car for short money because it doesn't run.

1991 Auto, 99k orig miles, black over grey, moonroof, keyless, CD etc. No rust, no dents, nice interior except drivers bolster, mint rims, very clean engine.

Car does not start. Turns over sorta slowly and there is a "whoosh" of air on each revolution (normal for SC?)

I don't think I can run codes because the battery has been out for a couple weeks. It has spark and fuel, but just doesn't fire.

I'd like to have it diagnosed by a trustworthy, knowledgable mechanic within 100 miles or so of southern NH.

Any suggestions?

Sorry Kev, I'm in RI, and I don't know NH very well. There is a guy on the board from NH though, I think he's from Hampstead NH, and his name is Tom Griffiths, here's his email if you wanna try him on that:TGRIFFITHS@pria.com he might not know either, but it's worth a shot. You might also want to post your symptoms in the "technical forum" as well unless someone else here can tell you what's goin on. Good luck with your new SC, I'm sure you'll get it straightened out soon. I seem to remember reading a post recently on the "whoosh" sound you described too. If I run across it again, I'll post the link for you.
SC Ya,
-Jeff

Thanks~

Here's the car as purchased.

sc1.jpg

sc3.jpg

Interesting note.. On the tirle, it appears thatthe last person to own this car bought it in March with the exact same mileage it has now. Seems they couldn't figure out what was wrong..My turn I guess :D

TBSCEC Board might know too

Well it sure looks pretty nice....who knows...maybe it will turn out to be something small, and inexpensive. There's another real good board to visit with problems. The guys there are "strictly" tech. Click HERE to visit the TBSCEC boards. Go through the FAQ's forum first, there might even be something there that describes the problem. Keep us updated on how you make out!
-Jeff

Back