rearend rebuild kit

blue

Who make the best rearend rebuild kit for the 8.8 pumpkins, I know supercoupeperformance has one for like $130. Is there ne where else i can go thats a little cheaper.

dave, :)

You can get a cheaper kit from summit or jegs. Are you planning on doing new gears at the same time?

yes i do plan on doing the gears at the same time, are parts for are rearends the same parts for like mustang 8.8 rear ends. I thought we had to get specific parts for are rearends.

dave

I need this info too. I am going to be rebuilding a diff and putting gears in it soon along with an Auburn limited slip.

Shane

Just so you guys know, you can rebuild you own rear end but anyone who has done it would recomend the you have a shop set your gear clearance. Lot of used sets on ebay with bad wear patterns+ if its not right on you get a bad hum from the rear. Just food for thought.

The rebuild kits are the same for all the 8.8's, the only difference that I know of is the differential on the IRS has grooves machined in it for the halfshafts where as the solid uses C-clips. You can actually set up your own gears by using the master housing dimension (MHD) which is a fixed length from the back of the pinion gear to the axle centerline. Since Ford set our gears up this way from the factory we do not need a pinon depth guage to measure the pinion depth. You will still need a few specialty tools and you have to use Ford Motorsprt/SVO gears to do it. I just found out about this process earlier in the week and I can point you in the right direction send me a PM if you want to know more.

So as far as gears go i can use any 8.8 gears sets, for example like a mustang gear set will work on are rear ends too right.

dave,

blue said:
So as far as gears go i can use any 8.8 gears sets, for example like a mustang gear set will work on are rear ends too right.

dave,
Yes, any gear set from an 8.8 will work.

Back