Mark VIII at U-Wrench-It

89SCK@t

I just got back from the junkyard looking for the ever scarce SC TBirds and found a Mark VIII there. Exterior is horrible, looks like it rolled....hard. Interior is....decent, I guess. Still has Lower control arms, diff, front end goodies too. Just thought I would let you guys know, It's probably been there for a week, got 3 weeks more to pull parts from it.

I am unable to pull part it since I am going to visit family and fiance family this christmas, costing me around 1200. So, I have no money nor do I have the time off. I guess this is my way of saying, "Merry Christmas, Happy Chanaka(sp?), Happy Eid." And all that other stuff.

Stephen

Driveshaft is aluminum too. Is it a perfect fit? Even if it's not, getting it welded and balanced would be worth?

Metalman

z90sc said:
..where is the U Wench It on your side of the water?
z

Actually its on your side, take i-264 west, get off on exit 21 first colonial, take a left at the light, take a left on virginia beach bulevard, when you see the gas station(blue sign, dont remember name) take a right, you'll see it on the left hand side.

from me i take 64 east, get off on exit 284 heading to 264 east, then i get off on exit 21, take a right at the light, then left on virginia beach bulevard, so on so on.

Driveshaft is aluminum too. Is it a perfect fit? Even if it's not, getting it welded and balanced would be worth?

Metalman

I believe it fits the AOD/AODE without a problem. I could be wrong though.

I thought you guys should know about that car...trust me, if I had the money and tools at the time, I would've pulled the parts off right there.

Stephen

...ok..it's out at Oceana...haven't been out there lately...been too busy,will have to go check it out.....that is if Anthony {Metalman} doesn't beat me to it...LOL
z

Naaa, I beat you to the last one Z. This one is all yours. Although if you're not interested in any particular part, let me know. :)

Anthony

...I still have my brake problem to deal with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's now leaking. I would like to take a look at yours to see how many threads are showing throught the other side of the pump motor bolts. I might (pray to God) just have to tighten the pump motor bolts a bit more.

metalman said:
...I still have my brake problem to deal with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's now leaking. I would like to take a look at yours to see how many threads are showing throught the other side of the pump motor bolts. I might (pray to God) just have to tighten the pump motor bolts a bit more.

..no problem.......just give me a call and we'll get a time to get together...

If one of you guys gets a chance to go pull the parts off that Mark, I'll pay you for your services and parts price for the rear end...please :D

Stephen

89SCK@t said:
If one of you guys gets a chance to go pull the parts off that Mark, I'll pay you for your services and parts price for the rear end...please :D

Stephen

What kind if gears are in the mark? I have a rear end pumpkin from an auto SC sitting in my garage...

Club meet

Just a sugestion. We should have a mini meet at U-Wrench-it one day or another junk yard so we can all teach each other how to remove/repair particular parts on our cars. Although we can only do that when there is an SC in the yard.

Brando

As you guys know my wife wrecked the S/C twice in 2 months. First time wasn't that bad but still got a for $2575 from Bowditch Ford and just got check for that one today but they only gave me $1300. Me thinks me is gonna cuss them out tomorrow on phone. Anyway 2nd accident was alot worse. Insurance company called me yesterday and said they have totaled it. They told me their value on it is $1150. I told them no nada retail on is like $2600-$3200. They said they go by trade in value and that is $1150. I was like this is BS. BTW anyone know how much was Metalman's repair when is was hit hard in rear? Also if the car is only worth $1150, why did the just send me the check for $1300 (thought it was going to be $2575) for the repair of 1st accident? I'm dealing with 2 different claims adjusters from my insurance company(AIG). 1st accident is a guy adjuster and 2nd one is a female. I think the lady is trying to screw me so hard. I'm going to call her today and tell her I don't want the $1150. I just want another car same year, auto. and mileage. I've read on the net where other people had same problem and insurance sometimes or sometimes not accepted their offer to find another car. The ones that did called back in week or two and gave them a check for alot more. Because they figure out you can't replace the car for their first offer. I'm also calling the guy and ask WTF the estimate I faxed him said $2575. We will see what happens. Probably nothing but at least I will enjoy cussing them all out. I'm taking the money they sent my today and going to State Farm(they give you retail for your car when totaled) and cancel AIG. State farm is also cheaper than AIG. She bent the front bumper in a little on the driver's side. As I remember my body man buddy told me awhile ago when he looked at my parts car about how hard it is to replace the front bumper because they are welded on. If he says it too much and isn't worth it, Then I'll have 2 cars for sale shortly. Along with all the extras I had on the white one. Things are still up in the air as to how this going to unfold. But something tells me in every conflict it will be for the worst.
Kevin

doodaa said:
So this Mark is either gone or completely stripped by the 3rd of Feb when I'll be in town?

Actually it should be part of the steel going to China now. I posted this when I found out it had 3 weeks left before they crushed and sent it. Probably already gone now.

Stephen

The damage came to $2240. New trunk, rear bumper, lenses, body pull, paint and clear coat on driver's side quarter panel and rear, reweld muffler brackets.

When the Ford adjuster looked over my car, I told him everything I recently did to it, aside from all the big high performance stuff. I told him I put in a CD player, I put in an entire new dashboard (thanks Kevin :D ), with power antennea, and auto dim (which I didn't have before), rebuild my engine, leather is a plus (he commented on that). So when he called the insurance company, he was on my side a little more. He knew how much I loved my car.

Average retail for my car in 2,575. I went on the Kelly blue book page.

That sucks, Kevin
sorry to hear about this :(

Anthony

metalman said:
The damage came to $2240. New trunk, rear bumper, lenses, body pull, paint and clear coat on driver's side quarter panel and rear, reweld muffler brackets.

When the Ford adjuster looked over my car, I told him everything I recently did to it, aside from all the big high performance stuff. I told him I put in a CD player, I put in an entire new dashboard (thanks Kevin :D ), with power antennea, and auto dim (which I didn't have before), rebuild my engine, leather is a plus (he commented on that). So when he called the insurance company, he was on my side a little more. He knew how much I loved my car.

Average retail for my car in 2,575. I went on the Kelly blue book page.

That sucks, Kevin
sorry to hear about this :(

Anthony

AIG insurance says average sale price is like $2,078 on a 91' sc they say they base this on CCC value or some crap they say they use and what it is is they take what 5 local used car dealership sale them for and average it out. I was like where are 5 91' sc's sitting around locally? She said some place I've never heard of before and said they have one for like $2,000. I said BS and if they do have one that cheap it's knocking and smoking maybe. I told them my motor was rebuilt at 120,000 and car's body work and paint job was done less than year ago at a ford dealership. My wife wrecked the car twice once in Oct. and the estimate I got from Bowditch Ford was $2575. Took the insurance guy almost a month to come out and look at it. I showed the 42575 estimate to the insurance guy when he came out and looked at it. He said ok and he would be in contact in 3-4 business days. About a month later I called him like 3 times in one week. He finally called me back towards begining on Dec. He said he was cutting me a check for the repairs in few days. 2 weeks later called again and left message after message. He called back end of Dec. said check for repairs is being cut then and would be in mail next day. I finally got that check last thursday for $1313-$250 deductable=$1068. I was like WTF is this going to fix? I showed him a estimate from the shop I trust for $2575 and at the time he acted like ok no big problem. Then 3 months later he sends me that check. So anyway she wrecks the car again 2 days before xmas. So On this one I'm dealing with some chic and she is on the ball hounding me calling 1-3 times aday for all kinds of crap. Then one day she said the car is totalled so I said ok (thinking nada value was like $2600-$3200 and it wasn't in that bad of shape so it should be between there). Last Friday (1 day after lazy *** finally sent me the check that wasn't enough)she calls and says She is sending me a check for $900 I was like for what? She said the value of the car. I started lmao. I was like how you figure that? She said your car was in rough shape because of the other accident. I was like I should have had that check back in Nov. and it would have been fixed back then too, but because the guy was incredibly slow I got the check for those repairs yesterday and it wasn't enough anyways. So she says the car's value minus the other check for $1068 for damage from before = $900. I was like no don't count the accident from before because that should have already been fixed 3 months ago. So we go into a yelling match and she acts like I'm stupid or something. So doesn't understand she is counting both accidents into 1 claim so why am I paying 2 $250 deductables? I told her I pay full coverage insurance. So I should be able to go out and buy another 91' sc auto. in the same shape and running condition - my $250 deductable and she said yes. So I said but I can't buy another 91' sc for $1900 plus $250 = $2150. She said well don't buy another thunderbird buy something else. I was like I own a thunderbird sc not something else. What a F@#king retard. So I'm calling back today and asking for a supervisor. I'm sure it won't matter because AIG sucks. I'm in the process of changing to State Farm in next few days.

Sorry to hear about your car, Kevin. I've never heard of AIG. Just for the record, I've had Allstate for over 20 years, & never had a problem on a claim. When my wife wrecked her Chevy Monza years ago, they cut a check & told me to take it to the body shop of my choice. And said that if it was any more, just let them know & they'd cover it. I've checked other company's rates (State Farm, USAA, Nationwide, etc....) & Nobody's rates stand out as much lower than Allstate.

Back