a bad tune up

blown in nebr

hey can anyone help me , had a reputal shop do a tune up on my car, told them i wanted motorcraft parts put back on my car,
they shop owner told me,autolite plugs were the same, he put
autolite ap2544 plugs in my car and put beldon wires 700847
my car now is extremly lazy,doesnt rev like it should, and i took it out to where i like to play with it and its a good 5mph slower then it was with the origanal and they had over 100000 miles on them,tell me wrong plugs , wires ,gap, as they charged me
190 dollars for this tune up ,i am very poed

Do you know what the plugs were gapped to? That might be the problem.

Hey, I see your from North Platte. I live over here by Lincoln. Good to see another guy from Nebraska on here.

Thomas

well thanks thomas, i dont know what they gapped it to
shop does great work, but they might not have gapped the plugs just got the car back right before the shop closed ,had the a/c on when i left,went for a drive felt doggy,by the time i got back to the shop they were closed, so i called around and made sure they were the right plugs and it all checks out, hope they didnt throw my wires away, well see if they will put them back on, and see how it goes, thanks for the information

not that it should matter, but these cars came with double platinum plugs. That would be an APP# for autolites. The parts store computers will show single plats(AP#) or even non plats, but they should not be ran. Again dont think it would cause your problem, but somrthing to think about. Good luck with your bird!

It could be the gap or the wires. Check to see the gap is 54 and use either Ford stock wires or magnacores. I assume your original wires were stock, probably as old as the plugs. Do not reuse them, they will most certainly be bad cause missing, skipping, uneven idle, and other problems.

Back