Sc Gurus please help me........

BlownSCcoupe

I am getting my motor rebuilt and i wanted to get as manny performance internals as i can before i take it to get rebulit. i already have the 1:73 rocker arms, is it possible to put the Xtreme Energy Ford 3.8L & 4.2L 259HR115 Cam with these rockers.... would i need longer pushrods...... please help guys... :confused:

If the cam is a regrind and you keep the pedistal mount rockers, then you will need longer pushrods by the amount specified by whoever ground the cam.

You can get a new cam ground (comp cams has new blanks) or get your's reground. Search the forum for the word "duration" and the user name "XR7 Dave". He's posted some regrind specs that may give you a starting point.

What pistons and rods are you using? What head work are you having done? What valves are you using?

BlownSCcoupe said:
I am getting my motor rebuilt and i wanted to get as manny performance internals as i can before i take it to get rebulit. i already have the 1:73 rocker arms, is it possible to put the Xtreme Energy Ford 3.8L & 4.2L 259HR115 Cam with these rockers.... would i need longer pushrods...... please help guys... :confused:

Contact Coy Miller in virgina www.coymiller.com and he can answer any Questions. He's got the fastest SC and specializes in SC. He's a very nice guy I'v meet in person and Have picked his ear many times. He also has Cams,rockers and all the stuff you need and it is very good stuff at decent prices.

BlownSCcoupe said:

That is a new cam profile by Comp Cams and no you will not need longer pushrods if everything else in your motor is either stock or done to stock dimensions.

Back