B&M Shift Kit

bluebird

I'm thinking of getting a B&M due to the fact that the AOD is a power robbing bastard of a trans and I'm sick of flooring the gas and being able to do my taxes before a downshift. :mad: :mad: I have some questions about it and I cant seem to find any good info.

1. Does it allow for manual shifting?
2. How hard is it to install?
3. can I hold gears with it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :D

Bluebird

You should call B&M and talk to them about what you want your tranny to do and see if they can help. Many times I've learned that people do not fully understand what a shift kit really does and it just might not do what you think. Shift kits usually can be setup 1 of 3 ways and B&M can help you with that, give them a call.

MIKE 38sc said:
You should call B&M and talk to them about what you want your tranny to do and see if they can help. Many times I've learned that people do not fully understand what a shift kit really does and it just might not do what you think. Shift kits usually can be setup 1 of 3 ways and B&M can help you with that, give them a call.

wanna know something ironic? I almost pm'ed you this first cuz I knew you would know. Thats freaky! :eek: Oh yeah, I tried that and the number given on their website is discoed.

Surely theres another #. I'm reluctant to offer you any advice because theres so many different ways to achieve what you're wanting and each shift kit mfg'er does things alittle differently. Most people are dissapointed when they learn there new shift kit makes the tranny shift into the next gear earlier instead of later, thats why you need to talk to the Mfg'er to find out how to set the kit up for what you want it to do.

good advice. I was hoping that someone who has one would post their thoughts on it. I'll try to find a different # Thanks

I talk to this old guy at the mr.transmission in town for any questions I have. Best bet is to call a few shops, act like you want them to install and all, and get the info you want.

In my 94, I have a fairbanks(div. of superior) shiftkit. Came with detailed instructions, a few new springs, servos, pistons, everything needed to get the job done. If I could do it again, I would bring it down a notch though, I used the #3 setting, for super rod/race mode, and the 1-2 shift is rediculuous, 2-3 chirps once in while. Nonetheless, the tranny feels much more alive now then when I got the car. All shifts, including downshifts are very snappy.

Do some research, find what you want from the shiftkit.

Back