whats the best head gaskets, motormounts, etc

cougar20th

Well I finally killed head gaskets. the motors about ready to come out. gonna do some stuff ive been putting off. while its out im gonna do motor mounts, pan gaskets, waterpump, clutch depending on how it looks. and other stuff.

What are the best head gaskets to use?
What are the best motor mounts to use?
What other parts are parts that should be replaced that are easier with the motor out?

My plans as of now are to leave it stock until spring then add a overdrive pulley. and maybe a raise top.

Well i saw your plans and since im assuming ur not doing anything special to the block i would suggest just a regular pair of felpro gaskets. Unless you were going all out and o-ringing ur block and etc etc...then the 4.2 gaskets would be good, but i'd say stick with the felpros now. As far as motor mounts, as long as they're solid rubber you're set. I know there's several places to get them nowadays. I got mine from Victor @ spinningwheels.

My suggestions as to what else to do are any of these b/c while u ahve stuff appart it should be easier: ported manifolds, bhj harmonic balancer, roller rockers. And a good clean to get the bottom end junk and grime off of ur engine and it can look purty! :D

Back