Still having problems with passive restraint?

Joe90SC

I opened the access door and turned the knob to get the belt to the back of the track. But once I did that it would move back toward the front when I opened the door. So it seems to move forward fine, but will not go back when I start the car! So does that mean it's the motor or something else? Also I was not able to get the motor out through the access panel?

Thanks
Joe Russo

You have to take the 2 screws out of the rectangular panel below the access panel. It is about 5 x 20 inches. Be prepared to leave some blood behind. I have only managed to get mine working off and on, I seem to have it fixed, put it back together only to have it screw up again. It must be the limit switch in the B pillar. I am damn sure done fooling with it this weekend. I gotta heal up.

Joe90SC said:
I opened the access door and turned the knob to get the belt to the back of the track. But once I did that it would move back toward the front when I opened the door. So it seems to move forward fine, but will not go back when I start the car! So does that mean it's the motor or something else? Also I was not able to get the motor out through the access panel?

Thanks
Joe Russo
It's not the motor for sure. The motor would be suspect only if it does not work at all or works too slowly. Your previous thread will explain this and also how to check the B-pillar limit switch and the door ajar switch: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55513
Check these two switches to see if they are sticking or not working.

Back