PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds

XR7
12-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting if the classified's were in the members section only?.. :)

Or possibly delayed for a week before they hit the public side?

Just a thought.. may or may not work

Karl

PurpleHaze
12-18-2004, 10:59 PM
And you would do this for what reason

Thunderbird84
12-18-2004, 11:54 PM
It would weed out most of the "bad eggs". There would be a bigger hoop for someone to jump through in order to scam someone. Not really a bad idea.

ThunderDave
12-19-2004, 12:22 AM
I know that sounds good as you would give members first choice at buying something, but then again you'd only have members selling stuff and a lot of the sellers are non-paying members.

Maybe too that would encourage them to join and pay to help keep the club site up and going good, instead of just making a little money off of it. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Paying or not, most of the people on here are pretty cool.

David

Jake
12-19-2004, 12:37 AM
I think that's a good idea. We also need the members talking more in the Lounge and Misc. section

Kurt K
12-19-2004, 01:59 AM
I think that's a good idea. We also need the members talking more in the Lounge and Misc. section

FWIW, there are other sites on the net that require you to be a member to post in the classifieds. Not sure if it would work well for us, but I have seen it.

XR7
12-20-2004, 08:58 PM
And you would do this for what reason

I didn't get back to this quickly.. but it looks like others have pretty much summed it up..

Basically if there were a way for paying members to see the classifieds (say a week) before publicly posting them...

Also allow none paying memebers to post.. but will only be seen by paying members for that (say a week) then goes public..

I know it most likely is not possible to set up the fourm like that.. but if you could.. it may get people to actually pay as memebers... and support this wonderful community..

was just a thought.. maybe one of the High or Higher.. or even the Highest moderator will see this post.. and give input...

Karl

1990redSC
12-20-2004, 09:13 PM
I personally think that is a great idea it would be an added perk for us Paying members and also weed out some of the more shady sellers. I think most of the non member sellers have made enough off of this site to afford to pay for a membership but it would seem that there has to be a way for nonmembers to post to a members board (possibly posted by a moderator) Hope there is a way to make this work!!!

Mike8675309
12-20-2004, 09:55 PM
People selling stuff want to have the widest audience possible. Restricting their sales to only members isn't in their benefit, and as such, limiting those that would promote solutions for SC cars and users doesn't benefit the SC community.

Those that would cheat the SC community will allways be there, from the buyer and seller end of it. At some point in time it's up to the seller and/or buyer to be resonsible for their own interests. Treat any sales or purchases on the internet within a non-regulated entity (i.e. this web board) with the caution that a normal person should expect. I.E, there are no guarentees.

It's not in the best interest of the SCCoA to get too involved in the transactions that occur within the for sale sections as the SCCoA has little control over those transactions. They don't have the procedures or the staff to handle the resolution of disputes or insuring 100% legal transactions occur. If the SCCoA would start to require membership for selling items they would then be participating in a transaction in which they are promoting a particular seller through accepting their money. This may apply some liability that I'm sure the SCCoA would choose to avoid at this time.

At least that's my perspective on it.

Rich95XR7
02-01-2005, 10:21 AM
I agree that it wouldn't be beneficial to the site or the sellers, because their audience will shrink tremendously. The unregistered sellers would just put it on another board that has open classifieds, and the For Sale forum here would dwindle to almost nothing.