Workin on ripping out the heads and exhaust...

Jayls5

Cracked%20heads.JPG

I got the manifold off today along with a valve cover. I started to work on the head bolt, but I managed to strip it with my compression wrench. I'm not sure if it wasn't a tight fit or if it was the angle with the rocker arm in the way. Do i have to take off the rocker arms to get the heads off? I'm dumb when it comes to this stuff.

I have one exhaust manifold side completely done, but the other side is pretty difficult with all the wiring in the way. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah buddy...the rockers and pushrods have to come out, as well as both exhaust manifolds to get to the rest of the head bolts.

CaifanSC said:
Oh yeah buddy...the rockers and pushrods have to come out, as well as both exhaust manifolds to get to the rest of the head bolts.

Yea, i figured. It's not as big of a deal now that I got a bunch of air tools as an early christmas present :D

As for the mildly stipped bolt, what do you suggest? I tried vice grips, but that didn't work. I need to get this stupid bolt out without damaging the heads...

Well, i sympathize with you on the stripped bolt. I freaked out my self when it happened to me. I had to get help from my neighbor on that. What he did is he got his 12pt sockets and fitted one slightly smaller than the head bolt and tapped it in, then just used a ratchet to get it out. Before we did taht we squirted a good amount of Aerokroil...awesome stuff, best i've used, that helped loosen up the bolt.

Back