sc in va beach

nickleman60

i would like to meet other supercoupe owners and swap ideas about these great cars.are there any meeting places around?since i'm a little older than most supercoupe owners,we probally have some different ideas about the look we're trying to achieve.let me know.

There are usually meetings...of all cars...in Newport News at the Patrick Henry Mall. I went there and was severly disappointed in the overall competition...if I can even call it that.

People usually meet there every Saturday night around 9ish and talk about cars and stuff. I went there last saturday. I won't be able to go till the 8th of January, if anyone wants to meet up we could go in force. Scare some people... :D Unless some people on the VA Beach side have some better meeting places?

Stephen

....how old are you..I'm not a kid myself.Not much going on this time of year,things will get going again when the weather warms up..we usually get together on Sat evenings at Jenro's on Indep. Blvd in Va Beach..in the meantime if you want to swap SC talk then get up with me..I live in the beach.You can PM me here or email me :zdance1@hotmail.com.....there are a few of us in this area and we try to help each other out when car problems arise....fairly knowledgeable bunch........looking forward to meeting you.
z

I would be more than happy to meet everyone in the Hampton Rds area.

I need some info on the TC Tbird...I was driving about 65 on I-64 West when the damn thing just shut off. The motor died but all the electronics were working.

The fuel pump was replaced 2 years ago, and I could hear the pump pressurizing the lines. I'm pretty sure I have fuel, I know I have air...I am a little iffy on the spark. The TFI, I think that's what it's called, was covered in liquid, and I couldn't get the damn thing to start up. It would crank and crank, but not fire up...

Can anyone help me with this one??

Stephen

--edit--

Oh, I be 22...

..don't know much about the TC.....what kind of liquid did you find?You need to check for spark,does that motor use a crank sensor......did the car/motor make any strange/unusual soiunds prior to shut off?Found this site on Google..
Thunderbird TurboCoupe Web Site ....maybe someone on there can help out...good luck.......
z

Once I get my car to stop leaking brake fluid like a siv (?) I'll get it out a lot more. I got the pressure switch socket from ROTUNDA. I'm glad to see it is a pretty stout piece of heavy cast and not some cheesy stamped steel tool. For $50 bucks, it better be good quality. I think I can slip it on without taking the brake assembly out and use a couple universal joints and extentions to get to it. I just pray that this fixes the leak. If it doesn't, I'm gonna rip it out and invite you all over for a ritual burning of it :) This brake crap is getting really old!

On a happy note...I can't wait to see if Santa is bringing me any toys this Christmas! Last Christmas jump started it all for me as far as performance mods go. Look at my mod list below. I am amazed that, I've done all that just 1 year now (except the enging rebuild)!

If any of you are getting together, let me know.

Merry Christmas guys!

Anthony

nickleman60 said:
i would like to meet other supercoupe owners and swap ideas about these great cars.are there any meeting places around?since i'm a little older than most supercoupe owners,we probally have some different ideas about the look we're trying to achieve.let me know.

thats cool. i am always up to meeting everybody too. still trying to get my sc running some. i need to get a new power steering cap and need to change my battery cables and possibly a new altenator. i have already met metalman and z90sc. they are some pretty cool guys.

89SCK@T,

Check your Crank positions sensor. Is your shift light coming on by chance (the yellow up arrow on the tach gauge). If it is then it's definately the CPS. Same thing happened to me last year.....driving ,driving, driving, them boom car shut off. Turns out, the mounting bolts to my CPS came loose and the harmonic balancer disintegrated the CPS and bent a fin on the harmonic balancer. So I replaced by balancer and a new CSP, w/ a new crank bolt for peace of mind.

Let me know your progress. There's nothing better than having others brainstorm idea's with you.

I helped my brother do a head gasket job on an '86 Dodge Ram. It only took about 4 hours to get the heads off....peace of cake...I only wish the SC's were half as easy.

....back to the original topic, I'm up for a SC lunch/meet sometime.

Metalman

Hey gang, anyone up for getting together for lunch this Saturday? I'm off work,& should be free that afternoon. My car is down but I'd still like to get everyone together. Either reply here or write me at michaelcate1@cox.net

metalman said:
89SCK@T,

Check your Crank positions sensor. Is your shift light coming on by chance (the yellow up arrow on the tach gauge). If it is then it's definately the CPS. Same thing happened to me last year.....driving ,driving, driving, them boom car shut off. Turns out, the mounting bolts to my CPS came loose and the harmonic balancer disintegrated the CPS and bent a fin on the harmonic balancer. So I replaced by balancer and a new CSP, w/ a new crank bolt for peace of mind.

Let me know your progress. There's nothing better than having others brainstorm idea's with you.

....back to the original topic, I'm up for a SC lunch/meet sometime.

Metalman

Its on my 88, my shift light(if I have one) did not come on. It just shut down...doing 65 mph. I dont get it. A couple of days ago, it started up with no problems. I have been driving it for a little under a week now, the only thing it really needs is a TPS or was it an IAC...i forget.

mcate said:
Hey gang, anyone up for getting together for lunch this Saturday? I'm off work,& should be free that afternoon. My car is down but I'd still like to get everyone together. Either reply here or write me at michaelcate1@cox.net

Be more than happy too if I can get the time off...working 2 jobs 70+ hours a week. I would be more in on next Saturday, cause this one is a little too soon for me.

Stephen

Yea Jenro's on independence is really good during the summer on SAT.

If you're into more of the underground thing there's a late night gethering of cars right off the exit of little creek on 64. It's the shopping area right near there. Not many people will come this time of the year though.

I've been in town now for a few days and haven't seen any other SC's. I was down in VA Beach today by the chesapeake bay bridge and tunnel down on Shore Dr. My girlfriends Z24 is broke down at Regent University now, so I will be back there tomorrow to try and find and replace the crank sensor on it. Saturday if I'm still here maybe her and I will come out to the mall and see if any other SC owners are out there. Her parents are going out of town this weekend so they might not want me to be around. I have applied to some jobs down here so hopefully I will hear something this week while I'm here and then I can start looking for an apartment so I can move down here. Gotta love the weather even though its cold, there is no snow on the ground. Much different than michigan.

My sc is wrecked up in my driveway. I'll have to post a pic or two of it. lol. It's going to the body shop sometime this week. It's suppose to be painted this Monday but there is alot to be done before that. So I don't know.

Hey Scott,welcome to "the Beach"......if you were near the CBBT then you weren't too far from my business.....don't know if I'll be able to get out this weekend but I'll try....when are you planning to move to this area and what kind of job did you apply for?We have a pretty good SC/Tbird group here plus I'm a member of the Mid Atlantic TCCOA chapter [maMN12.com]....looking forward to meeting you...pm me your phone# and I'll give you a call and we can talk...
z

I might be heading home today or tomorrow. I've been busy spending time with my girlfriend since I got here. We went from having an apartment together up in michigan for a year to living 5 states away back at our parent's houses. My family has helped her and I get a place in michigan but her family isn't wanting to help us although they are more than capable. I'm at their newly built home in Dominion Lakes in Chesapeake right now. I was hoping to find a place to live for about a month till I can get on my feet. I was told they were going to let us stay here for a month after our lease on our apartment was up. So the day before we were going to move down here they called Jen and told her I couldn't come. That was great since I had already quit my job. So now I am sorta between a rock and a hard place. I don't have enough to get a place, I'm running out of money, and I don't have a job, and my girlfriend is 5 states away. So this move down here is going to take a little longer than I thought at first. Nothing is easy in my life I swear.

I might be getting a room tonight at a hotel or something so I don't know. I wanted to stay for about a month so I can find a job and then get a place here somewhere for the both of us and start school. I've been waiting to start college now and I feel if I don't enroll soon I'll never do it. I'm 22 years old and haven't been in a classroom since high school.

I want to check out jenro's tomorrow even though its probably still considered winter here. Its a lot nicer weather than in Michigan, although it did snow yesterday and I had to brush snow off my car. But its better than having to plow out a driveway and dig out my car.

Last edited:
Scott Long said:
I might be heading home today or tomorrow. I've been busy spending time with my girlfriend since I got here. We went from having an apartment together up in michigan for a year to living 5 states away back at our parent's houses. My family has helped her and I get a place in michigan but her family isn't wanting to help us although they are more than capable. I'm at their newly built home in Dominion Lakes in Chesapeake right now. I was hoping to find a place to live for about a month till I can get on my feet. I was told they were going to let us stay here for a month after our lease on our apartment was up. So the day before we were going to move down here they called Jen and told her I couldn't come. That was great since I had already quit my job. So now I am sorta between a rock and a hard place. I don't have enough to get a place, I'm running out of money, and I don't have a job, and my girlfriend is 5 states away. So this move down here is going to take a little longer than I thought at first. Nothing is easy in my life I swear.

I might be getting a room tonight at a hotel or something so I don't know. I wanted to stay for about a month so I can find a job and then get a place here somewhere for the both of us and start school. I've been waiting to start college now and I feel if I don't enroll soon I'll never do it. I'm 22 years old and haven't been in a classroom since high school.

I want to check out jenro's tomorrow even though its probably still considered winter here. Its a lot nicer weather than in Michigan, although it did snow yesterday and I had to brush snow off my car. But its better than having to plow out a driveway and dig out my car.

Nope, nothing is ever easy. Some of us "slightly" older fellas will attest to that! Dominion Lakes sounds like you're over around the Dominion & Cedar area. I'm right off of I-64, right near the Greenbrier Mall. If you didn't go back to Michigan, give me a call at 450-0690. That's my cell, & I should be around all day.

Anyone going to Jenro's tonight around 5-6 pm? I'm still in town. Jen's parents went out of town and said I couldn't stay here last night so I went and got a room at the red roof in greenbrier near the mall. I might head back late tonight or first thing in the morning. I'm still trying to find a room to rent for a short period of time till I can get enough money saved to put a deposit on an apartment. There are so many more job opportunities here than there are in my small home town.

I'm wanting to get an associates degree in Information Systems Technology and I'm trying to find a job doing help desk or something around here. I sent my resume to one company in Norfolk earlier this week. I just can't drive 5 states to come for an interview so I need to find a place here so I can get a job even if its something low end just to get settled in till I find a better job. I wish her parent's would put me up for a month because in that time I could find a job and probably get my own place. I hate to infringe on people and I don't want to "mooch" off of anyone but its hard to move so far away when I'm young and don't have a place to stay.

Anyways Jen and I might head down to Jenro's tonight. Maybe we can meet some of you guys.

Kevin is your lightning blue by chance? I saw a blue one out last night with a really LOUD blower. Just wondering.

Scott, I'm in the navy but I work part time at the Sears in Greenbrier Mall. I could probably help you get a job there if you want. We're always hiring somewhere in the store. I work in the lawn & garden area, & I'll be there tomorrow. Or you can call me on my cell.
Mike

Cool I'll keep that in mind. I need to find a place to live first though. You wouldn't happen to know anyone looking for a room mate would you?

Back