Will these work?

SCaddict

A couple of good friends just dropped by with a present for me and I want to know if they will work for my SC. They are 26.5x10x15 and another set that are 27x10x15. Which set would work better on my car?

Attachments

• Slicks.jpe
    Slicks.jpe
    15.2 KB · Views: 103
Either will work and you just need to get some 15" T-Bird LX wheels to mount them on. I would use the smaller tires for slightly better acceleration. BTW, they look wider than 10"....did you measure the width of the contact patch ?

David

Last edited:
Perhaps those are not drag tires? Anyway, there are different versions of 10.5". Some require a 10.5" wheel.

SCaddict said:
They came off an oval car. Will that screw me up?
More then likely YES, I would think compound would be different.
Just keep in mind when buying slicks / A taller tire takes more horsepower to turn. Shop for some Mickey Thompsons 28.5 or 29" or some Hoosiers

Shop for some Mickey Thompsons 28.5 or 29" or some Hoosiers

I think the usual 26" tires would be better unless the car is making enough power to reach the rev limiter when clearing the traps. With 3.73 gears and a 26" tire, you should be able to run to about 120 (1:1 trans ratio) without hitting the rev limiter.

David

David,

Will these slicks be ok if they were on a oval car. What is going to be different on them if anything? As it is with street tires I only cross the traps at about 4500rpms at about 89mph.

I talked to a guy at speed shop today and he said they would work, but they would have to be heated up about 3 times as long and the side walls are stiffer and would not bite as hard. So I will be looking for a set of drag radials for the summer.

David Neibert said:
I think the usual 26" tires would be better unless the car is making enough power to reach the rev limiter when clearing the traps. With 3.73 gears and a 26" tire, you should be able to run to about 120 (1:1 trans ratio) without hitting the rev limiter.

David
You are right Dave :D I realized my bad last nite thinking about it I am very sorry for mis info

Back