Battery movement

ben04

ive got an optima red top battery in my car, and it just sits in place. any options for securing it down? it does shift about on the little designated area, not sure if thats a problem just not the most assuring feeling. i'll take pics one day

Red top

Ive been running a red top since I bought my car 2 years ago. I have not done anything to fasten it down, it is one heavy piece. I have not had a problem with mine hanging out in there. I did see once that they were making a nice aluminum box for them, look around maybe you can find one Mike

I have a billet aluminum mount I made on mine, I will try to dig up a pic of it tonight for you. It bolts down in place of the stock plastic tray and securely fastens the battery in, allowing no movement at all.

Paul

<Edit>Found a pic of a buddy's hold down. Mine is similiar but better contoured so it does not interfere with the cable ends. The stainless socket head cap screws go into bars which bolt to a contoured base which the battery sits in. The assembly is bolted together without the top piece installed then bolted to the stock tray location. Insall the battery then bolt the top down.</Edit>

Attachments

• OptimaHD1.jpg
    OptimaHD1.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Back